Commute Go

I have been looking at this bike also. My wife has the townie go and we really like it. The Electra bikes are available at REI stores. When you buy there you receive 10% of the purchase price in “dividends” which you can receive a check for that amount after a year. I m surprised there is not more on this forum about the Electra line. There’s a little more information in the Electra specific area of this forum.

Thank you John! Keith I am thinking of just riding around or on paved trails with kids. All leisurely!

I have the commute go.
Great bike
Comfortable
Reliable
Disc brakes
Internal rear hub
Intuvia display
Bosch performance mid-drive
Owned and sold by Trek, so there is a great dealer and service network for Electra Townies

Hello to all the Electra owners! My wife has a Townie, and I just go a Commute . It is a step through, in glossy black. It came with the front rack, I don t know if I like it or not but I think it looks cool. Has anyone added mirrors to the mustache handlebars? I keep looking at the bars and it does not seem like the “bar end” type would be facing backwards.

Hello to all the Electra owners! My wife has a Townie, and I just go a Commute . It is a step through, in glossy black. It came with the front rack, I don t know if I like it or not but I think it looks cool. Has anyone added mirrors to the mustache handlebars? I keep looking at the bars and it does not seem like the “bar end” type would be facing backwards.

My wife and I recently purchased Commutes. We ordered mine (black) from the local bike shop and her's from REI because the local shop couldn't get the metallic blue. Interestingly the bikes had some differences. Mine had the front rack and a single kickstand. Hers had a double kickstand and no front rack. Her Arbus wheel lock looks the same but she can remove the key when it is is open. (Thinking the local bike shop sold me a prior year model.) I didn't care for the front rack so I removed it only to find I could not reattach the light above the fender as the wiring was too short. So I had to reattach the rack since I wanted the front light. I also removed the frame wheel lock because I disliked not being able to remove the key unless it was locked.

I too have been searching for a mirror since the swept back handle bars provide a challenge to mounting. I ordered these since they seem to allow for more varied placement. I will let you know how they turned out. Otherwise might have to go with the mirror that attaches to the bike helmet

Quiklet Bike Mirror

The Quiklet bike mirror does okay on the Townie Go Commute swept back handle bars. There are a couple pivot joints which allows you to position it better. I think a mirror with a long flexible arm would work better but i read that they tend to vibrate because of the extension.

I kind of like this bike, but don't like the fact that it's not a forward pedal bike like the Townie Go 8i.

Back