Cogging? Resistance at strange times.

Ebike Novice

The ST1 X I picked up yesterday seems to have a fair amount of resistance (cogging?) when I stop pedaling and sometimes when I am pedaling. Tonight when I went out for a ride I noticed this happening at different times. At some points in the ride it seemed to happen whenever the bike hit 25 mph, strange. There was definitely resistance when ever I stopped pedaling. Is that normal? I have the brake sensor set to almost nothing.
I love the bike but this resistance at seemingly random times while I am pedaling is a bummer. One thing that seems to help is shifting down a gear.

The resistance at 25 mph is because of the settings that are in the app (I am new to the bike). That being said, the resistance I feel when I stop pedaling is really annoying and I don't remember that when I test road the bike. I was slowing down on a decent little hill this evening. Basically I need to pedal at all time to maintain speed except on steeper hills. I would like to know if this is normal. if so I regret this purchase.

How does it move without power ? Can you hear any rubbing? Is regen working when it should not be? Do any messages appear on the display when this happens? Based on the gear change helping I believe there is a issue which will need to be addressed at a shop. there is some info about either a controller or torque sensor causing problems of no assist from a take off that would start working by shifting gears somewhere in the Stromer forums

Shop
How does it move without power ? Can you hear any rubbing? Is regen working when it should not be? Do any messages appear on the display when this happens? Based on the gear change helping I believe there is a issue which will need to be addressed at a shop. there is some info about either a controller or torque sensor causing problems of no assist from a take off that would start working by shifting gears somewhere in the Stromer forums

The shop says the amount of resistance is normal for the bike. Now if only the GPS was working. Shop says the latest software update messed it up and Stromer needs to fix it. That may kill it for me.

I recently have the same issue. Bike was working great for a few months but at the end of the last ride, felt resistance at odd times, and frankly felt it was harder to pedal a Stromer ST2S in top assist than it would have been to pedal my road bike. I also upgraded to Omni C yesterday, but can't blame the upgrade b/c happened on last ride before the upgrade. I experimented with tuning and sensitivity and brake but still the same. Frustrating. Any ideas?

If I understand your issue as mine on my 2015 St2. When I feel something stopping bike from riding correctly with smooth power flow. I stop and remove the battery.Wait a couple of min. Then reinsert battery and power up and this solves my intermittent power flow.

I’ve just been leaving my bike on the stock settings. Works well.
Shifting down a gear works in some situations. For example, if I am going up a hill and slow significantly or stop I make sure to down shift and that makes the acceleration feel much smoother. Not sure that makes sense.

Back