class 3 commuter bikes that can actually go 28 mph with some luggage?

According to the cobi app which I can no longer use I was putting out well over 450 watts when I was going for top speed. I put other riders on it as well, who are faster cyclists than I am and same. This was an EX rental bike and I wonder if they had the assist turned down after a certain speed to increase range or decrease liability.
Highly possible. Just another reason to get it to a dealer and plugged into a computer. By the way, depending on the model year, that bike had a safety recall on the front fork. Yet another reason to get to the dealer.

Hey Chris, how much of your ride would you say that you spend at that speed, and how much effort are you putting in? Looking at purchasing a CCS myself. Thanks!
I would guess I am at ~30 mph for ~50-60% of my ride. Obviously I have to deal with traffic lights, car traffic, and near my work is more inner city style roads, which forces me to slow down. My average trip speed on the majority of my rides hovers around 24mph for the trip. (I use a Magellan Cyclo computer, so I get trip info on every ride.) On my way to work in the morning, I have had my average speed at 27+ mph for the first 20 miles before I get slowed by the city.
I am pedaling hard my entire ride. I don't have a Watt meter for myself, but I'd guess I am averaging 150-200W from myself during my rides, I use a high cadence of at 80-110 RPM.
Also FWIW, I generally only charge my battery to 80% to promote longevity, but I do have the 52V battery. There is more power and speed available from the bike at 100% charge, but I'd rather my battery last more years.

I would guess I am at ~30 mph for ~50-60% of my ride. Obviously I have to deal with traffic lights, car traffic, and near my work is more inner city style roads, which forces me to slow down. My average trip speed on the majority of my rides hovers around 24mph for the trip. (I use a Magellan Cyclo computer, so I get trip info on every ride.) On my way to work in the morning, I have had my average speed at 27+ mph for the first 20 miles before I get slowed by the city.
I am pedaling hard my entire ride. I don't have a Watt meter for myself, but I'd guess I am averaging 150-200W from myself during my rides, I use a high cadence of at 80-110 RPM.
Also FWIW, I generally only charge my battery to 80% to promote longevity, but I do have the 52V battery. There is more power and speed available from the bike at 100% charge, but I'd rather my battery last more years.
Awesome, thank you for the detailed reply, Chris. Appreciate it. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the CCX, I think!

You will not regret it. I love my CCS. I am over 3400 miles in 4 months of ownership. :)
they changed their models around slightly but that is a bike I am interested in. The torque sensor appears to be on the drop outs? Also, they now claim 20mph top speed on the model posted on the previous page, and you have to upgrade to the next up model to get the 52V battery. I wonder if it's still as fast

they changed their models around slightly but that is a bike I am interested in. The torque sensor appears to be on the drop outs? Also, they now claim 20mph top speed on the model posted on the previous page, and you have to upgrade to the next up model to get the 52V battery. I wonder if it's still as fast

I think the default setting is 20 mph speed limit but you can access the settings and change it however you want.

The 20mph limit refers to throttle-only. Pedal assist continues until 28-30 mph. The 48 V bikes are nearly as fast as the 52 V bikes. The upgraded controller on the CCX may increase top speed some. For my style of riding, the 52 V system would mean higher overall performance for more miles per charge, rather than greater speed. Which would be a great thing, and I'd like to upgrade someday.

Hey Chris, how much of your ride would you say that you spend at that speed, and how much effort are you putting in? Looking at purchasing a CCS myself. Thanks!

R, I also have a CCS,(2500 mi). It is my primary transport,( I drove just once in July,) After adding a front rack, I can use 4 panniers + an
inframe to haul up to 60 pds. of ´stuff´. I swapped the 52T chainring for a 50/34 compact, but seldom use the 34T except for exteme
climbs. I did have some initial spoke issues which Juiced has since resolved on subsequent editions. If anything, it seems to have gotten
better as it breaks in. I love this bike. I mean I´ve beat the hell out of it doing things a commuter is not designed for, but it´s tough as
nails & the component are great. I´d recommend the CCS to anyone.

R, I also have a CCS,(2500 mi). It is my primary transport,( I drove just once in July,) After adding a front rack, I can use 4 panniers + an
inframe to haul up to 60 pds. of ´stuff´. I swapped the 52T chainring for a 50/34 compact, but seldom use the 34T except for exteme
climbs. I did have some initial spoke issues which Juiced has since resolved on subsequent editions. If anything, it seems to have gotten
better as it breaks in. I love this bike. I mean I´ve beat the hell out of it doing things a commuter is not designed for, but it´s tough as
nails & the component are great. I´d recommend the CCS to anyone.
Awesome, thanks so much John. I really wish I could ride one before buying, but I think I may need to just pull the trigger based on the feedback I hear on here!

I ride a Ripcurrent-S (52V 19.2AH battery version). Out of the box Juiced has the bike set for class 2 operation. Changing the speed settings to class 3+ mode is a very simple process. I'm happy with mine at class 2, so even though I can set it to go faster I don't feel the need to do so. That is completely a personal preference on my part though. Also, I'm north of 300 lbs (and shrinking thanks to my e-bikes) and it has no issues hauling my large self around at speed.

Awesome, thanks so much John. I really wish I could ride one before buying, but I think I may need to just pull the trigger based on the feedback I hear on here!

R, just checked on Juiced; apparently the CCS per se is no longer available having been replaced by the CCX. However, having checked specs, I think
I can safely say the CCX is simply a more refined version of the CCS, even better still.

R, just checked on Juiced; apparently the CCS per se is no longer available having been replaced by the CCX. However, having checked specs, I think
I can safely say the CCX is simply a more refined version of the CCS, even better still.
Wow, yeah, I just looked at the website. It seems they're clearing out the CCS - a few models left in black, and only with the 12.4 Ah battery.

Back