City alternative for ebike Bontrager E6 tires

If I'm reading the spec right, the Verve+3 interior rim width is 20mm. That gives it theoretical latitude to handle tyres from about 32 - 50mm in width, which opens up a wealth of other tyre options.
Too different tyres affect the speed measured by the e-bike, resulting in premature speed restrictor motor cut off. Also, the distance reported by the odometer will be wrong.

I was able to find a seller online from germany that ships outside the EU (very rare haha) and the closest one I found and ordered are Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tour wired version. (Smart sam are out of stock in his shop)

@Stefan Mikes They happen to be rated E-50, I went with the size 50-622 which are the closest to 700cx50mm according to the seller.

I will receive thel in 20 days and will test and provide feedback in this thread for future users with similar questions.

@pmcdonald will def be sharing stories on that thread as soon as I take some pictures, at the moment I am mainly doing just city commutes

I was able to find a seller online from germany that ships outside the EU (very rare haha) and the closest one I found and ordered are Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tour wired version. (Smart sam are out of stock in his shop)

@Stefan Mikes They happen to be rated E-50, I went with the size 50-622 which are the closest to 700cx50mm according to the seller.

I will receive thel in 20 days and will test and provide feedback in this thread for future users with similar questions.

@pmcdonald will def be sharing stories on that thread as soon as I take some pictures, at the moment I am mainly doing just city commutes
Good choice. I’m guessing I got upwards of 7500+ miles on a set of Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard tires, on a prior 50 lb e-bike. Maybe a single flat tire, over that time.

Ditto, excellent commuter choice. They're near bulletproof and last forever. I had the non tour version previously: 10k kilometres, only 2 punctures and thousands left on the tread. Look forward to your feedback.

Back