Changing side panels on EnergyPak 400 & 500

BikeInHamilton

Region
New Zealand
Does anyone know how to swap out the side panels on the above batteries.
I just bought an extra battery (original is 400Wh and new is 500Wh)
The side panels for the new battery are a couple of months away, so I want to use the side panels off the 400 and put on the 500. Lot of wet wether so don't want the charging port exposed.
I can't find any explanations how to change them over.

I just bought a brand new 500Wh battery and fairly easily moved the side battery covers from the old battery to the new one. The wrench at the LBS told me to just pry the covers off the old one with a screwdriver and snap them onto the new one. When I tried it seemed difficult at first then I just applied a little more oomph and they popped off. I broke one of the plastic holding clips off, but the remaining ones still held the cover on securely. Should be do-able with care one time, but I don't plan on changing them back and forth repeatedly! The same wrench also advised that the old battery will work fine without covers (i.e. they provide cosmetics and protection but are not mandatory.) My plan is to carry the old battery in a pannier as a spare whenever I plan to go over 100K (62 mi.)

I just bought a brand new 500Wh battery and fairly easily moved the side battery covers from the old battery to the new one. The wrench at the LBS told me to just pry the covers off the old one with a screwdriver and snap them onto the new one. When I tried it seemed difficult at first then I just applied a little more oomph and they popped off. I broke one of the plastic holding clips off, but the remaining ones still held the cover on securely. Should be do-able with care one time, but I don't plan on changing them back and forth repeatedly! The same wrench also advised that the old battery will work fine without covers (i.e. they provide cosmetics and protection but are not mandatory.) My plan is to carry the old battery in a pannier as a spare whenever I plan to go over 100K (62 mi.)
Thanks for that. I finally got new side panels for the 500wH battery, one side snapped in easily, the other side took the full weight of someone at the bike shop to snap on. Now that I have seen how they snap on, I don't really want to have to prise them off. Too much risk of snapping the lugs.

Anyone have issue with the plastic door that cover the charging port? My is ripping apart in the area where it bend when open. Anyone know if its user replaceable?

Anyone have issue with the plastic door that cover the charging port? My is ripping apart in the area where it bend when open. Anyone know if its user replaceable?
Not replaceable. You have to basically break off the side panel clips to get them off. You'd have to buy another set of side panels.

Back