CCX

BTfl

I am very interested in a CCX, can anyone tell me if the new CCX has vents? I contacted juice and they said no they don’t, but I thought someone on the forum got one and it has vents thanks for your time

I am very interested in a CCX, can anyone tell me if the new CCX has vents? I contacted juice and they said no they don’t, but I thought someone on the forum got one and it has vents thanks for your time
here you go

What exactly do the vents provide cooling for?
And why are they relevant? Someone evidently thought they were a good idea. [shrug]

Not an authority, but my guess would be for the controller. I don't see it mounted externally, and locating them in a manner where they don't get any air circulation is bad news....

I haven't had any problem with the controller in my old CCS overheating. Seems to me like the frame should be a pretty good heat sink, and the air flow around the frame would dissipate any heat pretty well. But I'm not a materials engineer.

The CCX I have which was ordered the week before Thanksgiving has the vents.

Attachments

• 484BB7D6-19B9-4E25-AEA7-282ACFE19B3A.jpeg
    484BB7D6-19B9-4E25-AEA7-282ACFE19B3A.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 404
I haven't had any problem with the controller in my old CCS overheating. Seems to me like the frame should be a pretty good heat sink, and the air flow around the frame would dissipate any heat pretty well. But I'm not a materials engineer.

I wouldn't disagree with that, not a materials engineer either, but apparently somebody thought enough of the added vent plan to go through the expense of going though with it, no? Maybe a different controller, a new mounting for it, or just trying to head off potential trouble.

Well, a 52v 750 to 1000w drive could well get pretty hot at full power!
Thanks for the clarification.

For this brand I would want their latest and greatest - they are constantly addressing design and performance issues and updating their product. 👍

I'm a Rad fan by nature. That said, 52v, hyd. brakes, and gear driven rear hubs would all be high on my list when it comes to the next bike. Kinda like a Rad done right for my needs.....

FYI, those aren’t vents, it’s just a heat sink. I think it’s right up against the controller, which I think would help beyond just the frame itself to dissipate heat. Considering the temps I ride in, if all it exists for is to fool me into thinking it works better, then I might be good with that lol.

My first thought, actually, was that it might decrease the rigidity and strength of the frame, but I’m just guessing as a non expert.

I do wish though that Juiced had more engineering info about their products and designs. I would feel more comfortable knowing there are solid engineers doing serious testing behind their products as opposed to just back room off-the-shelf cheap parts. I like to be informed.

FYI, those aren’t vents, it’s just a heat sink. I think it’s right up against the controller, which I think would help beyond just the frame itself to dissipate heat.
That makes a lot of sense, more sense than vents. Vents seem like a bad idea on electronic equipment that gets used in the outdoors. Fins-as-heat-sinks is a proven technology for heat dissipation.

FYI, those aren’t vents, it’s just a heat sink. I think it’s right up against the controller, which I think would help beyond just the frame itself to dissipate heat. Considering the temps I ride in, if all it exists for is to fool me into thinking it works better, then I might be good with that lol.

My first thought, actually, was that it might decrease the rigidity and strength of the frame, but I’m just guessing as a non expert.

I do wish though that Juiced had more engineering info about their products and designs. I would feel more comfortable knowing there are solid engineers doing serious testing behind their products as opposed to just back room off-the-shelf cheap parts. I like to be informed.

There is a spot for air (and water I suppose) to get into the frame on the left & right.

Back