CCX "teething pain"

cmoreride

• Installing Front Fender: bought slightly longer bolt and use secondary nut behind headlight yoke to tighten bolt without twisting more conveniently
  • Rear Rack Centering: did some minor bending off the bike to get the rack to center over rear wheel acceptably
  • Crank clicking: both cheap Wellgo K79 pedal have slack. Tried to overhaul and re-tighten but can't find a way to take apart. Ordered 24$ MB pedals from Abaxo, taking a chance that this will fix the clicking.
  • Front wheel needs a little truing: Will wait to complete a "break-in" period before getting this done.
Other than these few items like the bike. It really flies. I am a regular cyclist and with the pedal assist I can really go go go.

Last edited:
I ended up just keeping the front fender off. I could never get it on correctly. Since it’s summer I shouldn’t have any issues

I ended up just keeping the front fender off. I could never get it on correctly. Since it’s summer I shouldn’t have any issues

All it took for me was getting stuck 30min from home in pouring rain once. I ordered fenders as soon as I got home.

the bolt issue setup aside, the fender wasn't to bad takes small incremental bending to get the fender to center. it's done now anyway

• Installing Front Fender: bought slightly longer bolt and use secondary nut behind headlight yoke to tighten bolt without twisting more conveniently
  • Rear Rack Centering: did some minor bending off the bike to get the rack to center over rear wheel acceptably
  • Crank clicking: both cheap Wellgo K79 pedal have slack. Tried to overhaul and re-tighten but can't find a way to take apart. Ordered 24$ MB pedals from Abaxo, taking a chance that this will fix the clicking.
  • Front wheel needs a little truing: Will wait to complete a "break-in" period before getting this done.
Other than these few items like the bike. It really flies. I am a regular cyclist and with the pedal assist I can really go go go.

New pedals did not remedy the crank noise. Interesting if i pedal backwards and then again forward the sound goes away for a few moments, but comes back shortly. That tells me crank issue. Will take to shop after extended break in

Last edited:
  • Crank clicking: both cheap Wellgo K79 pedal have slack. Tried to overhaul and re-tighten but can't find a way to take apart.
  • Exactly. One of mine seems overtightened; it doesn't turn as freely as it should. I took off the plastic end cap but inside there's no nut to loosen. I could find zero information from Wellgo.

New pedals did not remedy the crank noise. Interesting if i pedal backwards and then again forward the sound goes away for a few moments, but comes back shortly. That tells me crank issue. Will take to shop after extended break in
I'm also getting crank/pedal noise. I'm at 600mi. Did you ever find a remedy?

I sprayed ACF-50 as much as possible inside the pedals and wiped away dirt as well which was only a little bit of black dust. The ACF-50 loosens them up quite a bit. Reinstalled the pedals and that particular click/clunk that occurred with every rotation disappeared. But I think I noticed something about the crank, it seemed to do a short skip. I'll try to get it to do that again.
BTW, I'm responding about the pedals but the bike isn't a Juiced.

Last edited:
Back