CCX-2019 EBR Review

Clancy

Waiting patiently for your input Court. I've only seen 1 review done by Tora, himself and although I liked what I saw, I'm hoping that your review comes out soon to show me more of an all around, overall look.
I have found that all of the reviews I have seen done by you and your buddies at EBR to be very informative and educational. I'm in the process of purchasing my first E-bike ever and I value all of your input.
Thanks so much for all you do. You are definitely in your perfect element when it comes to the "E-bike World"!

Last edited:
Waiting patiently for your input Court. I've only seen 1 review done by Tora, himself and although I liked what I saw, I'm hoping that your review comes out soon to show me more of an all around, overall look.
I have found that all of the reviews I have seen done by you and your buddies at EBR to be very informative and educational. I'm in the process of purchasing my first E-bike ever and I value all of your input.
Thanks so much for all you do. You are definitely in your perfect element when it comes to the "E-bike World"!

You can get a very good idea by checking out the CCS review, and comparing the upgrades to the CCX (tires, motor (?), battery, a few other things). It is very similar to the CCS with a few nicely upgraded parts.

Yeah, I got that Captain. Just Really want to see what the "current review" says word for word. ??? Thanks for your input. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, that had been my first choice in the Juiced lineup however, I have been eyeing the Rip Current S & I'm pretty happily surprised with it as well. I'll be pulling the trigger pretty soon on this new bike and I just want to be sure I make the correct decision after all of my research. I've also looked at the EUNORAU FAT-HD, the M2S Bikes All Terrain R750, the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD and a few others. I'm getting pretty excited just shopping to say the least.
Thanks again Captain. I've got a few more months until I do this and I'm just trying to take my time. ??

@Clancy , in my short experience -650 miles- the CCX is a tall bike really great to ride on paved paths at high speed because of its 700C rim and relatively thin tires, a typical "commuter." If you are thinking to ride also on dirt, gravel, sand, even is it is just a 1/2" layer, may be you should focus on a bike with smaller rim, such as 26", and wider tires, such as the Ripcurrent which seems to be a great bike both on dirt and paved roads.

Yea Jom, I'd like to have the option of riding in both types of conditions however, I have a bunch to learn when it comes to all the different features that E-biking offers. The RipCurrent S looks great. I like the fact that the new 52 Volt battery platform has over 1,000 Watt-Hours and 70+ miles of real-world range, not to mention Juiced has incorporated the latest charger technology to extend the lifespan to over 1,500 charge cycles.
I am definitely taking my time to learn all I can. I was looking over some of the offerings @ https://lunacycle.com/ . Some of the reasons I like them is because they offer top-quality powerful products at affordable prices.
I want to get the best E-bike I can & I'm more than willing to wait a bit longer to buy it.
Looking over some of the fat bikes @ Biktrix, I was also impressed with what they had to offer. https://www.biktrix.com/collections/bikes shows a line called the Juggernaut . This seems to be a pretty healthy line of bike. The Juggernaut Classic HD has a 1000W rated, 1500W (peak) power mid drive motor built into the frame with 1-9 programmable levels of assist and a 35mph top speed. It shows a 20-80 mile range based on battery choice.

Again, I'm trying to expose myself to as many different e-bike companies I can with respect to motor type, battery power, range, price, quality and last but not least, service after the sale. I know that with a (direct to consumer) purchase, I'm not going to get the same support I would as with a dealer but, that is okay by me. I'm willing to take my time and learn as much as I can about servicing and supporting my bike as I feel it is the best way to go. If you look back over at Luna, you'll see that they offer a basic tool kit as an included option. It sure seems to me that the more I understand about how to fix and service my bike, the better I'm going to feel in the long run, after the fact. :cool:

Last edited:
@Timpo ... Appreciate your input. I kind of got that from an earlier reply-post. I do understand that the CCX is the same bike as the CCS ... Just beefed up a bit ... (better battery & more powerful motor) other than that, just some better tires and that's pretty much it!

IMHO, Tora really should pay for a CCX review(perhaps combined with a scrambler review) including addressing the potential battery connector issues.

The CCX is mentioned ALOT on these forums, seems like a review should be in order.

Looks like Juiced doesn't need the extra exposure that an EBR review of the CCX would bring. These bikes are flying out the door already.

I'm ONLY looking at this as a FULLY DETAILED description of this bike in (ALL ITS GLORY) ... right down to the last nut & bolt. That's all. ☘️

@Timpo ... I'm doing as much of that I possibly can. With every new comment I see, I get a bit more educated with each turn of the page. ?

I'm ONLY looking at this as a FULLY DETAILED description of this bike in (ALL ITS GLORY) ... right down to the last nut & bolt. That's all. ☘️
This guy did a series of videos on the CCS. It's the best long-term review I've seen. I've linked to the first in the series. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but most of what he says about the CCS would apply to the CCX also. Good videos anyway.

I have the abus 6500 and it fits well on my CCS XL frame. My wife has the M frame and I had to use the straps to mount it on the top tube all the way at the back and it barely fits.

Attachments

• 20190511_122059.jpg
    20190511_122059.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
Back