Carry extra battery on rear rack 2.0

littledragonfly

Region
USA
Hi all. Does anyone have an idea of how we could carry a second battery on the rear rack of the 2.0 Step Thru and the (1.0) XP?
Lectric's baskets are not big enough and I don't want 3 either. I would buy the large rear rack for the 2.0 but not buying 3 when I don't need 3.
Anyway, and ideas? Thank you!

I met a guy on the trail earlier this season on an XP 2.0. He carried two spare batteries in top tube bags hung from the rails on either side of his rear rack. The bags looked similar to this one:

It's best to check the battery and bag dimensions before ordering.

Thank you. That looks like a great solution. Just too pricey after spending $600 on two extra batteries.
I have more in bike shop tuneups, handlebar change on the 1.0, repairs, Suntour seat posts, new saddles, batteries, extra tires and tubes, packs, lights, etc. than the cost of the bikes.
Starting to feel a little queasy!!

Thank you. That looks like a great solution. Just too pricey after spending $600 on two extra batteries.
I have more in bike shop tuneups, handlebar change on the 1.0, repairs, Suntour seat posts, new saddles, batteries, extra tires and tubes, packs, lights, etc. than the cost of the bikes.
Starting to feel a little queasy!!
It seems to me you could make something similar to those top tube bags from a couple of pieces of 4" PVC pipe. Cut to length, put end caps on and hang them from the rack rails with a couple of small eye bolts. Shouldn't cost more than 10 bucks.

Back