cant get past 18mph

casper

my magnum classic wont go faster than 18mph. Using throttle or pedal assist 6 . Went into display settings all is good there Any suggestions?

I think Trek is the same way. When my bike says 32 km on the Purion display, the GPS says about 30. They keep it on the conservative side apparently.

Same here with the Bosch Activeline Plus system. Seems the manufacturers are cutting the assist short on systems probably for liability reasons. I'm not at all surprised people are tuning their bikes to exceed the manufacturers limitations, especially when many ebikes seem to top out before they're supposed to. For those of us who would actually like to stick to the ebike category limits (1 in my case at 20mph) I'd like to see tuners come to market that let you limit the top speed, not simply deactivate limits altogether.

Bosch and Cannondale (my bike manufacturer) are passing the buck back and forth saying that the other one is responsible for correcting speed assist issues... meanwhile nothing gets fixed. It's very frustrating. If we had an aftermarket option that let us tweak our ebike systems, but still stay within category speeds, that would be perfect. Like many of the farmers who are frustrated with John Deere, I'd like to be able to finetune and fix my ebike as needed in my own workshop.

Last edited:
Same here with the Bosch Activeline Plus system. Seems the manufacturers are cutting the assist short on systems probably for liability reasons. I'm not at all surprised people are tuning their bikes to exceed the manufacturers limitations, especially when many ebikes seem to top out before they're supposed to. For those of us who would actually like to stick to the ebike category limits (1 in my case at 20mph) I'd like to see tuners come to market that let you limit the top speed, not simply deactivate limits altogether.

Bosch and Cannondale (my bike manufacturer) are passing the buck back and forth saying that the other one is responsible for correcting speed assist issues... meanwhile nothing gets fixed. It's very frustrating. If we had an aftermarket option that let us tweak our ebike systems, but still stay within category speeds, that would be perfect. Like many of the farmers who are frustrated with John Deere, I'd like to be able to finetune and fix my ebike as needed in my own workshop.
Ah, Carson, you bring up a whole new aspect of serviceability relevant to John Deere. I hope we won’t be limited to that extent by the bike manufacturers (I was a farm kid 50 years ago). I don’t think the bike industry is heading in that direction yet, do you?

We're seeing proprietary boundaries on many fronts these days. John Deere and Apple come to mind almost immediately. Warranties seem to be voided as soon as an owner opens something up to fix it. To an extent I can understand this because of how complex technology is becoming. Having said that, I like to understand the things I use and really appreciate things I can service and repair myself. Also, the resistance we see from companies when it comes to servicing and supporting their products drives me crazy.

Last edited:
Back