Can someone tell me what adjusting these display advance settings do

fideriks

Region
Canada
Screenshot_20210822-005110_Messenger.jpg

Okay. I will jump in to get the ball rolling. Others can add to this. The speed limit is set at unlimited. Current is at 30Amps and that is about twice what it should be. Assist levels, you have nine of them, you could set it at five. Poles in motor - don't mess with that. Throttle PWM is the type of signal from the throttle to the controller. I do not know why it is set at zero. Assist poles, it looks like you have eight magnets for the pedal assist signal. Start mode. I am not sure about this. Likely in pedal assist you need to start pedaling about 60% of one rotation before the motor cuts in so it does not just lurch off the line. That is five of the eight magnets need to pass the pickup.

Why is the 30A twice as it should be?And mind explaining throttle pwm and why it shouldn't be zero pls

I want others to jump in because I know nothing about your bike and do not want to give you advice all on my own. It could be that this bike is way more powerful than any bikes I work with. I usually limit Amps to about 15. Motors and batteries and controllers last longer this way and power delivery is smooth. My bikes do not have throttles because the torque sensor acts like a foot throttle. And in my region (the other CA) bikes with throttles are limited to under 28Kpm/20Mph. Motors here are limited to under 750W. Many high end bikes are about 250W. If your bike came from the factory with the throttle signal set at zero % and it is working, I would not mess with it. That could have to do with synchronizing phase. I do not know.
Can you attach some information about your bike with a couple of photos?

You didn't get an owners manual, and have looked online/done google searches trying to find one unsuccessfully? If you don't have one and can't find anything on line, give us the details regarding your bike. Motor? A picture of the controller data plate? Not into guessing here with nothing to go on.

I want others to jump in because I know nothing about your bike and do not want to give you advice all on my own. It could be that this bike is way more powerful than any bikes I work with. I usually limit Amps to about 15. Motors and batteries and controllers last longer this way and power delivery is smooth. My bikes do not have throttles because the torque sensor acts like a foot throttle. And in my region (the other CA) bikes with throttles are limited to under 28Kpm/20Mph. Motors here are limited to under 750W. Many high end bikes are about 250W. If your bike came from the factory with the throttle signal set at zero % and it is working, I would not mess with it. That could have to do with synchronizing phase. I do not know.
Can you attach some information about your bike with a couple of photos?
I have a diy e-bike with a 3000w rated motor and a 60V25ah battery with a 40A max controller, and I capped my speed at 40kph. here is the my display: https://m.aliexpress.com/i/4000215320240.html

Attachments

• 20210821_205726.jpg
    20210821_205726.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 265
You didn't get an owners manual, and have looked online/done google searches trying to find one unsuccessfully? If you don't have one and can't find anything on line, give us the details regarding your bike. Motor? A picture of the controller data plate? Not into guessing here with nothing to go on.
Downloaded display manual online,it didn't go into detail about what the settings do

PWM is Pulse-width modulation. I believe it describes the duty cycle of the bike - how often the motor is going vs. [get ready for this bad terminology :D] "not going"... ? It's basically the rate it is in motion for - from 1 being constant to 0 being not at all.

Poles... all I can think of is Linear control theory and zeros and poles - so basically I have no clue unless it's something with the control logic.

Start mode has me thinking that it represents the level of assist you start at, when you first turn on the motor (so make sure if you modify the 9 levels of assist, you also lower this one).

I should note: PedalUma is like me (meaning ive never had experience with this type of bike before) but wayyyy smarter. I'd yield to whatever he says :)

Sorry I can't be more help

Disclaimer: Please don't change anything on your own. better to stay safe and have a well-functioning machine.

PedalUma, that address is located on YOUR computer, or maybe somebody else's. Need an internet address. One that starts https:

PWM is a method of giving you proportional control over the motor speed. I would guess that setting controls the sensitivity of the throttle.

Back