Bulls Cross Lite Evo Wave 2021

Wee

Region
USA
I am glad I find one with a small frame for my need from Seattle Electric Bike! After riding bikes all my life, I researched on Electric Bikes because I want to keep biking despite my physical condition. I know buying a cheap bike is not going to help me sustain this sports. Most bike at $4000 only gives you 500WH battery, 50-65NM and 9-10 gearing.

I spoke to the owner (Stefan) of Seattle Electric Bike and he said he worked with Bulls to have the specs upgraded for riding conditions in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver and those hilly cities. I am so glad Stefan did! So, here's why I made my choice and hope it's helpful for you!

Bikes I tried:-
All lacks power in the list below or have some cons for my purpose.
  1. Gazelle Ultimate T10 (not enough power and not as comfortable position)
  2. Montague folding (super comfy position, foldable, but doesn't feel well built, a lot of loose parts)
  3. Tern HSD P9 Performance (not bad, but not sure why I would pay the price for this then to get a full size bike)
  4. Trek Verve (comfy and good position, but not suspension)
  5. Trek Vale Go (Only has medium size)
Pros:
  • Smooth, quite, powerful.
  • 85NM and 625 WH battery! Gen4 CM motor, shop helped to upgrade to 85NM.
  • 12 speed with 10-52 gearing ratio make climbing even faster. Powered with the higher Bosch CX motor and battery life, this is trully a BULL!
  • Gear shifting is smooth and quiet. Can shift anytime while pedaling compared to Enviolo which is only 380%. This is equivalent to over 500%!
  • Rode 15 miles and battery shows 87% left. Range left shows about 45 miles if I continue ride at "Tour" mode based on my fitness level below.
  • Bike climbs slope over 30% incline on turbo with ease on mid gearing, and sitting upright.
  • Come with Bosch Kiox display with a lot more data than the minimalist. It syncs to your phone via bluetooth too so you can see the maps of your ride and numeric / graphical statistics of speed / cadence / distance / incline.
  • No knee pain, no back pain after the rides. (Tips: I changed mode to "sport" or "turbo" to ease my take off).
  • Saddle has no suspension, but is one of the best I have used with enough cushion. Memory foam and good comfort with wide seating area.
  • Suspension for road riding condition totally adequate. Went over a couple bumps, but no elbow pain or any of that sort.
  • Well built, no loose parts, German quality!
  • Low step available at 45cm is super helpful!
Cons (no major cons really - but my preference if I would consider any change):
  • For the 45cm, it would have been good to fit with a 26cm tires for ease of transportation and weight, but keep all the specs!!
  • Have a white color instead of just the black color :)
Context for my condition to give you a baseline for the highlighted pros & cons.
  • 50 year old with back & knee issues.
  • Can't ride more than 10 miles on road bike on normal flat trail without getting back pain. Also have elbow issues from past riding and shock!
  • I have lower than average fitness.
  • The Kiox meter shows the bike was doing 65% of the work for me :)
  • Average cadence is only 65.
  • I ride mostly on tour mode and it's good enough with the wide gearing ratio. When I want faster, I changed to sports, when I am approaching hills - I changed to turbo.
  • Have never been able to ride much on the road because of hills and my physical condition. And now, I am looking forward to just heading out whenever I can!!
Now looking forward to put the great bike to test and I will provide review updates if anything change with more miles on it!

Last edited:
I am glad I find one with a small frame for my need from Seattle Electric Bike! After riding bikes all my life, I researched on Electric Bikes because I want to keep biking despite my physical condition. I know buying a cheap bike is not going to help me sustain this sports. Most bike at $4000 only gives you 500WH battery, 50-65NM and 9-10 gearing.

I spoke to the owner (Stefan) of Seattle Electric Bike and he said he worked with Bulls to have the specs upgraded for riding conditions in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver and those hilly cities. I am so glad Stefan did! So, here's why I made my choice and hope it's helpful for you!

Bikes I tried:-
All lacks power in the list below or have some cons for my purpose.
  1. Gazelle Ultimate T10 (not enough power and not as comfortable position)
  2. Montague folding (super comfy position, foldable, but doesn't feel well built, a lot of loose parts)
  3. Tern HSD P9 Performance (not bad, but not sure why I would pay the price for this then to get a full size bike)
  4. Trek Verve (comfy and good position, but not suspension)
  5. Trek Vale Go (Only has medium size)
Pros:
  • Smooth, quite, powerful.
  • 85NM and 625 WH battery! Gen4 CM motor, shop helped to upgrade to 85NM.
  • 12 speed with 10-52 gearing ratio make climbing even faster. Powered with the higher Bosch CX motor and battery life, this is trully a BULL!
  • Gear shifting is smooth and quiet. Can shift anytime while pedaling compared to Enviolo which is only 380%. This is equivalent to over 500%!
  • Rode 15 miles and battery shows 87% left. Range left shows about 45 miles if I continue ride at "Tour" mode based on my fitness level below.
  • Bike climbs slope over 30% incline on turbo with ease on mid gearing, and sitting upright.
  • Come with Bosch Kiox display with a lot more data than the minimalist. It syncs to your phone via bluetooth too so you can see the maps of your ride and numeric / graphical statistics of speed / cadence / distance / incline.
  • No knee pain, no back pain after the rides. (Tips: I changed mode to "sport" or "turbo" to ease my take off).
  • Saddle has no suspension, but is one of the best I have used with enough cushion. Memory foam and good comfort with wide seating area.
  • Suspension for road riding condition totally adequate. Went over a couple bumps, but no elbow pain or any of that sort.
  • Well built, no loose parts, German quality!
  • Low step available at 45cm is super helpful!
Cons (no major cons really - but my preference if I would consider any change):
  • For the 45cm, it would have been good to fit with a 26cm tires for ease of transportation and weight, but keep all the specs!!
  • Have a white color instead of just the black color :)
Context for my condition to give you a baseline for the highlighted pros & cons.
  • 50 year old with back & knee issues.
  • Can't ride more than 10 miles on road bike on normal flat trail without getting back pain. Also have elbow issues from past riding and shock!
  • I have lower than average fitness.
  • The Kiox meter shows the bike was doing 65% of the work for me :)
  • Average cadence is only 65.
  • I ride mostly on tour mode and it's good enough with the wide gearing ratio. When I want faster, I changed to sports, when I am approaching hills - I changed to turbo.
  • Have never been able to ride much on the road because of hills and my physical condition. And now, I am looking forward to just heading out whenever I can!!
Now looking forward to put the great bike to test and I will provide review updates if anything change with more miles on it!
For those who like data. I tried riding this bull at TURBO throughout for 15 miles. Battery drained 17% and max speed roll was 50MPH at a steep slope and I don’t feel that speed at all as it was so stable. Hope this helps you to see the performance based on my fitness level! Again, any specs less than this will not make it for me. The CX motor and the gearing ratio are just what I needed! The Kiox display shows me the chart and also tells me that I am doing 25% of work for this ride! Haha! My goal is to do more work over time as I get fitter because I ride more now than ever!

Attachments

• 79BB385B-8998-442B-81AD-5C5E099DF98A.jpeg
    79BB385B-8998-442B-81AD-5C5E099DF98A.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 306
  • DE0633BD-BA7E-42D5-8B2A-5784E68A0454.png
    DE0633BD-BA7E-42D5-8B2A-5784E68A0454.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 293
Bulls is becoming THE best ebike brand based on performance/price/warranty .
I didn’t know about this brand when I researched and doesn’t seem many shops carry this brand. Almost settled with Gazelle, so glad I bumped into Bulls. Much higher specs for the ride at this price range!

my only slight complaint is the warranty does nto cover any of the parks on a bulls bike you would have to go through each manufacturer to get them covered. so when my back rim cracked after 9000 miles the shop said it is just a normal wear and tear thing. thats my slight complaint it is the only part that has failed. but bikes are often put together with cheap wheels. Also my shop had a hell of a time upgrading from Purion as the wiring tube is so small they had a hell of a time running the new wires for the kiox.

my only slight complaint is the warranty does nto cover any of the parks on a bulls bike you would have to go through each manufacturer to get them covered. so when my back rim cracked after 9000 miles the shop said it is just a normal wear and tear thing. thats my slight complaint it is the only part that has failed. but bikes are often put together with cheap wheels. Also my shop had a hell of a time upgrading from Purion as the wiring tube is so small they had a hell of a time running the new wires for the kiox.
I am guessing most brands would have similar issues? My local dealer and the bike quality is subject to time test for sure! But I spoke to REI service and Seattle electric bike locally, they both give same response. If parts fail within warranty, they will take care of everything with manufacturer of parts. Thereafter we have to pay for service and parts costs... 9000 miles, I hope to get there some time! 😅

I am guessing most brands would have similar issues? My local dealer and the bike quality is subject to time test for sure! But I spoke to REI service and Seattle electric bike locally, they both give same response. If parts fail within warranty, they will take care of everything with manufacturer of parts. Thereafter we have to pay for service and parts costs... 9000 miles, I hope to get there some time! 😅
I think they treat it more s a whole bike. 9000 has taken the about a year and a Half. I did 6000 the first year but then got the tandem and I don't do long rides on the bulls for the most part just commute.

Back