broken remote no clue what happened.

fooferdoggie

I forgot to take a pic of the new one but there is a pretty small plastic tab that screw down to the nyon or smartphone or Kiox mount. this was on my bulls bike and was moved onto my trek when I bought it. I had a lot of vibration on that bike even with the air fork. one nyon mount plate got sloppy and I bought a new one a few months ago. so maybe this wire mount was just vibrated to death. the plastic mount tab was gone and the screw that hold it was still in place when it took it off to check out the problem. of course I had issues riding to work but it worked ok I took the mount off and checked it and found the problem, but then I couldn't to get the remote to work at all and so the I had no assist level. Called my trek store and they had one and I had a courier pick it up so I could ride home.
IMG_4250.jpg

When I swapped out the smartphone hub for the Nyon a few weeks ago, I broke the same tab when I was removing the wires to the remote that came with the mount for the new Nyon. The tab is very fragile - I learned the hard way. Fortunately the old remote wiring came off the smartphone hub with no difficulty and worked fine with the new Nyon mount.
I'm a bit surprised that Bosch didn't use a more durable tab for these leads. They could have used a metal collar, for example. I guess they assumed consumers would never touch them?

When I swapped out the smartphone hub for the Nyon a few weeks ago, I broke the same tab when I was removing the wires to the remote that came with the mount for the new Nyon. The tab is very fragile - I learned the hard way. Fortunately the old remote wiring came off the smartphone hub with no difficulty and worked fine with the new Nyon mount.
I'm a bit surprised that Bosch didn't use a more durable tab for these leads. They could have used a metal collar, for example. I guess they assumed consumers would never touch them?
ya thats what they said. I did not have any issues the several times I Redid the wire and I am a klutz.

Back