"Broasters" anyone?

kevinmccune

Region
USA
This is a "hybrid" word I made up, a "Broaster" is one that sometimes almost chokes on pride, always looking down on the poor mortals who do not have ability to run the 'tour de france" or spend thousands of Quid on bikes, the Poor Mortals can't afford to be in their class and the average broaster( in their own mind)could give ol' Lance a run for the money. Always checking your frame composition or counting the cogs on your cassette.
Broasters can be singled out by lack of lower class friends and the space allocated to them at the local bistro or bar,I bet you know one or two as well[ stay away from Him, he will rip out your lungs Jim( you probably do not want to meet His tailor)] Sometimes has an entourage of "Brownies" yelping after Him. o_O

When I rode road bikes I settled on a Peugeot Triathlon with a 105 group set. I chose this bike out of many because it was outright bulletproof/reliable and honest priced. I could keep up with most of the faster riders, including the weight weenies with mega-buck bikes. I could also bunny hop pretty high if needed and could ride good wheelies and do nice endos, knowing nothing would fail.

Now we have a group of mostly guys (plus a woman or 2) who meet up in P-Town on Saturday mornings. Ranges from fit riders on high end road bikes to some flabby riders on normal budget heavier hybrid bikes. One thing they have in common, they HAUL BUTT! No slackers in this group. I've been invited on rides with them (I can borrow a road bike if needed) but I think I would die of a stroke if I tried to hang with these beast riders. Never judge a book by its cover!

The reference to giving "Lance a run for his money" was funny! I could haul ass on drugs with a bike, just like Lance! Shame he cheated and ruined his legacy. I still respect him for getting there (the 'Tour) in the first place, just no respect for how he ended it.

Back