Brake lever reach adjustment?

TerryV6

My wife’s mini step thru Brake levers are a problem. She says that the brake lever reach is not comfortable for her smaller hands. Is there an adjustment here that I could do, to bring the lever closer to the handlebar?

Thanks

Hi TerryV6
In my thread titled "RPB RadMini Step-Thru - Cycle or Scoot" I did at least one handlebar adjustment. On my first ride I noticed the distance I was reaching forward to hold the handlebars was leaning my body forward rather than allowing me to sit upright. It just might be she needs to be a little closer to the handlebars, even possibly adjusting the rotation of the bars a little. You might want to browse thru that thread because it is specific to the RADMini Step-Thru.

One of the most used tools when working on bikes is a set of metric Hex Allen Wrenches. I even carry a set of three of them with me all the time in case some adjustment to the brakes, seat, etc need to be made. Harbor Freight has an excellent strong set of ten sizes for around $7. If you don't already have a set, I would suggest stopping by and picking up what is probably the lowest price for set that actually stays together and will be very useful over the long haul.

Good Luck...

I ended up loosing the handlebar and twisting toward the rider, thus presenting the brakes differently.. She seems okay with that..

Excellent!
Another little adjustment that makes a world of difference is to scoot the seat forward on its rails.

Back