Brake bleeding interchangeability of bleeding kit..

Kriis

Region
United Kingdom
Hi
I've spent 10 minutes searching on here without success. I will be buying a "screw-on brake fluid reservoir cup" at some point, just to make the job easier. My question is:- Can some kind person tell me the thread size of the master cylinder port for a Shimano and for a Tektro Ariga Comp please? I'm generalising with the Shimano but am hoping they are all the same. My Question put another way:- Do most bicycle hydraulic master cylinders have the same thread, i.e. bleeding reservoir will be compatible with most e.g. Shimano Tektro? I am being partly lazy as could attempt to determine thread on mine (Tektro) but still won't know what Shimano use. There are lots of these reservoirs for sale but they don't go into much detail as to compatibility. If no luck here, I guess I will pose them the same questions.
Thanks

Thank you fooferdoggie that's a great help as thread sizes given, and I can find out if Magura or Hayes are the same as Tektro as they don't mention, maybe i've missed it. I have what seems like more conventional, a sealing screw and a recessed female thread in the master cylinder cap. Like the exclusivity in car parts, I see that they might all be M6 (ok, one is M%5) but the pitch is different! - Thanks again.

during the pandemic I could not find all the parts for Magura and Shimano brakes. like the Shimano bleed kit does not have the bleed blocks the Magura does not have the cup. so I ended up getting the park kit to get everything.

Back