Bottom Bracket Tools for Bafang BBSHD

Csubi

Region
Canada
The BBSDH keeps getting loose on my old 2005 MTB. I no longer have the install tool, and need a replacement.

I found these sockets from a company in California:
Bafang Bottom Bracket Sockets

However, I am wondering if these exist up in Canada, or if the are any other alternatives.

TIA

The BBSDH keeps getting loose on my old 2005 MTB. I no longer have the install tool, and need a replacement.

I found these sockets from a company in California:
Bafang Bottom Bracket Sockets

However, I am wondering if these exist up in Canada, or if the are any other alternatives.

TIA
Firstly get thread lock. Let a layer dry, then when tightening apply some wet. In a pinch you can use a monkey wrench for plumbing. The handle can have extended leverage with a piece of PVC pipe. The bike is a mountain bike and it is 17 years old. It is not a lily. Any marks on the lock ring from the monkey wrench can be covered with matching nail polish from a dollar store so they don't rust. Just an idea.

Best practice, eliminate that secondary ring. Use two 4slot primary lock rings. 7 years and never a dropped motor. And I’ve had every BBSxx series motor, and supported buyers for 7 years.

Those Bafang sockets are thievery. The secondary socket is just a Shimano BB tool.

or, a stabilizer from California eBike. Theirs is what othersellers have copied. Use the heavy duty for a BBSHD or with the BBS02 for extra security..

Back