Bottom bracket cartridge ST1, original and alternatives?

poekie68

The bottom bracket cartridge of my ST1 has been replaced at +/- 10000km.

This is the type which is installed now (running for 6000 km now):
RPM BB-7420; BC 1.37x24T, shell 73, spindle 138.5
Is this the same as the original bottom bracket cartridge in the ST1?

This bb cartridge is very difficult to find online, at least in Europe, especially because of the large spindle size.

What are possible alternatives?

Tnx!

Willem

I pulled my BB out the other day and all the above specs match, but the original is an FSA label (but I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same manufacturing facility)

I am also looking for a replacement and can't find one anywhere, even called FSA (US) and they couldn't help either. It would appear that Stromer ordered these specific to this bike.

Where did you get your replacement BB? Assuming you replaced yourself.

Thanks in advance.

This bb cartridge is very difficult to find online, at least in Europe, especially because of the large spindle size.

Tnx!

Willem

Tnx!

Willem

Dear Willem, I pulled my BB out from my Stromer ST1 and it is exactly the one you mention: RPM BB-7420; BC 1.37x24T, shell 73, spindle length is 138.5. It is not an FSA, but an RPM. This is the original one in a European Stromer ST1 from june 2014. I need to replace this BB after 10.000 km (2,5 years of usage). However, indeed I cannot find this anywhere on the internet. Can anybody help me finding such BB?

Thx in advance,

Wim

Dear Willem, I pulled my BB out from my Stromer ST1 and it is exactly the one you mention: RPM BB-7420; BC 1.37x24T, shell 73, spindle length is 138.5. It is not an FSA, but an RPM. This is the original one in a European Stromer ST1 from june 2014. I need to replace this BB after 10.000 km (2,5 years of usage). However, indeed I cannot find this anywhere on the internet. Can anybody help me finding such BB?

Thx in advance,

Wim
I went to the Stromer reseller. He had a couple of spares in stock.
The RPM BB-7420; BC 1.37x24T, shell 73, spindle length is 138.5 is not available on the internet.
This model seems to be made only for Stromer according to my reseller.

Anyhow, case closed.

Back