Bosch Cx and Intuvia

JohnDoe1983

Just got my Moustache FS 5 with a CX motor and Intuvia console updated last week. It has400km on it.

It seems to have no difference between the sport and tour mode power since the update.

Kindda weird.

Anybody experience this ?

Thanks

From my experience with the Intuvia and the Gen3 motor, the Sport mode = EMTB mode. The Tour mode will provide 120% of assist, while the Sport/EMTB mode gives 120-300% assist, depending on hard you pedal and resistance the motor feels. I use EMTB mostly when riding trails, which allows me to focus on gears and the terrain ahead.

I do not think I have EMTB just plain 4 modes. Is there a way to find out while watching the Intuvia? Thanks alot

If I remember correctly when you switch to Sport, it will flash EMTB, then switch back to Sport. You can feel the difference, it will feel like Tour (moderate power) till you hit something hilly and then it feel like its in Turbo (full power). It took me a while to get use to, more so now that Im on a bike with the Gen4 motor and that provides even more power. if the trail is too slippy I would dropped back down to Eco to avoid spinouts of the rear wheel.

Ok I see. Did not noticed that at all. Nothing showing on the display. Will have to return to the dealer and talk to him.
Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers

From my experience with the Intuvia and the Gen3 motor, the Sport mode = EMTB mode. The Tour mode will provide 120% of assist, while the Sport/EMTB mode gives 120-300% assist, depending on hard you pedal and resistance the motor feels. I use EMTB mostly when riding trails, which allows me to focus on gears and the terrain ahead.
Happy Monday everybody!

The percentages you listed are correct for the Gen2 Performance CX Drive Unit. The numbers are a little higher for the new Gen4 CX.

FYI: Performance CX was not/ is not offered for the Gen3 platform. If you are referring to the eBike in your signature, and it has the small chain ring, that is a Gen2 Drive Unit.

Ok I see. Did not noticed that at all. Nothing showing on the display. Will have to return to the dealer and talk to him.
Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers
You dealer has the option to select either "Sport" or "eMTB" during a software update. Most eBikes ship with eMTB Mode activated (if available), but some OEMs choose to ship their eBikes with Sport Mode activated instead.

Mystery resolved.
The dealer had implemented the EMTB mode on my bike. The Intuvia did not display anything about this mode.
I asked him to installed the latest version but with my 4 original modes. He told me that some Intuvia will not show anything on the display for the EMTB operation. I did not like the way EMTB works on a road bike as it is not intuitive. I prefer to use the mode that suits me.
I am now a happy E-bike rider.
Thanks all for your help.

Cheer

That's great news! Glad to hear you've got it how you want it now.

Intuvia will only show "eMTB" briefly for a moment when you select it, and it shows it at the bottom of the screen. Intuvia was designed before eMTB existed, so the part of the screen that constantly displays riding mode has preset "shapes" for the words (I'm not sure of the technical term for this.) Even in eMTB mode, that part of the screen can only say "Sport." The portion at the bottom has all of the other component shapes that allow it to spell different things.

Back