Bogbi???

colleendabean

Does anyone have any experience, thoughts, concerns about Bogbi cargo e-bikes?

Also what about the bafang engine- my partner is trying to steer me away from this, but it seems to be a really popular motor.

Thx!

Hmmm... although the regular bike looks to have been around for a bit, I tend to shy away from Indiegogo/crowd funded things like this.
Best of luck!

I just looked at the Bogbi website. So, are you thinking of buying the bike and converting it to electric?!

For me, unless you have a local dealer who will stand behind the product, a bike from Columbia seems like it could be problematic in terms of parts and repairs. Electrifying it just adds to that complexity. If you like the configuration, it could be a good bike though for carrying groceries or a kid or two. More practical than fun looking, in my opinion, but that's probably what you're looking for.

I have a Bafang motor on my RadRover. It's done great for over a year/1500 miles. On that point, have you looked at Rad Power Bikes? The Rad Wagon might be up your alley. Rad Bikes are made in China (cf Columbia; not sure which is better or worse), but they have a relatively local bricks and mortar location in Seattle and they are almost renowned for their support, to which I can vouch. And a Rad Wagon is a lot cheaper than the Bogbi -- and it comes ready to charge and ride.

TT

Thanks all- I am learning a lot doing this research. I actually think the bike could be a ton of fun to ride :
. Though I have no intention/ability to ride like this. I like the steering functionality. It looks super responsive. I've attached the specs. The indiegogo deal is still available so is less than what is on the attachment. The box is a bit small, but probably all we need - we have one toddler and we are mostly commuting to daycare/work. Though it's a bumpy, hilly and usually rainy 12km ride.

I'm loving the feedback, so if anyone else has thoughts, send it over!

Attachments

• B2C offer.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 486
Back