Bike transport rack

Raceman54

Region
USA
I recently purchased the Momentum step through e-bike for my wife and myself and need help in finding which rack works best for this to install on the 2" receiver for my truck.
There are a lot of options but most I have seen either use the lockdown on the tire or a cross brace which is not on this model. Any input will help. Also I just joined this group so I am looking forward to reading other's post.

Look at a Thule Easy Fold. Hard to explain but it can grab a part of the frame just about anywhere near the middle of the bike then straps tie down the rims. Not cheap though. Not a great picture but you get the idea, I added the LED strip.
D49BF2AB-D576-4866-93F5-A367091619DC.jpeg

I recently purchased the Momentum step through e-bike for my wife and myself and need help in finding which rack works best for this to install on the 2" receiver for my truck.
There are a lot of options but most I have seen either use the lockdown on the tire or a cross brace which is not on this model. Any input will help. Also I just joined this group so I am looking forward to reading other's post.
Welcome to the forums. We transport ebikes (road/mtb) using a 1Up Superduty hitch rack. It’s all metal construction and no part of the rack makes contact with the bike frames. Instead, the ratcheting rack arms close tightly down onto the tires. It’s a super stable and secure platform for ebikes as the weight capacity for each of the base rack and the add on is 75lbs/bike. I appreciate the fact that I can opt to transport just a single bike with the base rack or two by simply attaching the add on which takes literally seconds. The 1Up has been used on our other vehicle which also happens to be a pickup with a 2” receiver which serves us just as well. The pic below was taken today on a trip to the Cdn Rockies.

IMG_20220601_1615567.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback and picture but our bikes have fenders and I noticed that the front clamp would work but the rear clamp would be on the rear fender. I am looking at a local bike shop today as they have a style in that clamps on the frame which may work.

Back