BH WIreless Bluetooth Issue

JFane

New Big Bud Pro in the stable and just received my new Bluetooth module for the bike this past weekend
This is the issue:
Followed all instructions on setting up Bluetooth module on the bike. Indicator light on the bluetooth module was steady Blue on left and blinking Blue on right which indicated there was a correct connection. BH Premium App and the Bluetooth logo on the App are lit up in yellow confirming a Bluetooth connection.

The Bluetooth disconnects after 5 to 10 minutes from the Bluetooth module which shuts itself off on the bike. The Battery icon including the Bluetooth icon in the BH Premium App goes white which means it the lost connection.

The problem is I can't keep the Bluetooth module from shutting off and disconnecting the Bluetooth connection to the BH app.

My shop today said that they talked to a tech at easy motion and the tech had told him to have me turn my autolock to "Never" in the settings on the iPhone his reasoning was the phone is going into autolock and disconnecting the Bluetooth.

Tonight when I came home I tested the above and it still disconnects after 5 to 10 minutes.
Trying to find out if anyone in the form that has set up a Bluetooth module has had this issue for some help to a resolve

Yeah, a whole new facet to ebike riding and ownership. Managing the glitches that come with apps and bluetooth. @JFane I've noticed some other posts from a few folks with high-end bikes that began being offered with connectivity to one's phone, and some of them have had problems as well. Does BH's bluetooth module have a master reset function? Can it be hard disconnected and repowered? Good luck. Let us know once you've solved the puzzle.

Jack BH just got back to me yesterday they are having connection issues with the App. The told me they are trying to resolve the issues with an update to the app which will happen shortly. Till then we are dead in the water not being able to connect to the bike via the Bluetooth. I will advise all as soon as I know it is back up and running .

I tried the Bluetooth module recently on an 8 mile ride with no issues. I have not downloaded the latest app version, 1.2.6, and am using an iPhone with data off and location set to always. I've used the module a few times and have not had any Bluetooth connection issues. On the latest ride, I was impressed with the bike feel. The Bluetooth module seems to provide a more natural response than the stock control unit with better control over the amount of assist. For around town, I like the simplicity of the stock control unit though. Adjusting the amount of assist on the phone is harder to do while riding compared to the stock unit. Hopefully, BH can resolve any Bluetooth connection issues users may have because the unit works well for longer rides.

Thanks for the pirep, EC.

" The Bluetooth module seems to provide a more natural response than the stock control unit with better control over the amount of assist."
Could you say a bit more about what conditions exist (speed, gear choice, road conditions, power level) when you experience this improved response? I'm curious if it's across the board improvement or more selective in its improvement. Thanks again.

With the stock control unit, the amount of pedal assist seems to be about the same when set at 70% and %100%. In both cases the bike seems to go ~22mph when pedaled on flat terrain. In contrast, with the Bluetooth unit set at ~70%, there is noticeably less assist under the same conditions and the bike goes ~18 mph on flat terrain.

I tried the Bluetooth module recently on an 8 mile ride with no issues. I have not downloaded the latest app version, 1.2.6, and am using an iPhone with data off and location set to always. I've used the module a few times and have not had any Bluetooth connection issues. On the latest ride, I was impressed with the bike feel. The Bluetooth module seems to provide a more natural response than the stock control unit with better control over the amount of assist. For around town, I like the simplicity of the stock control unit though. Adjusting the amount of assist on the phone is harder to do while riding compared to the stock unit. Hopefully, BH can resolve any Bluetooth connection issues users may have because the unit works well for longer rides.
Ebike Commuter what version iPhone software is in the phone? My issue is the 9.3.1 this is what BH has told me they have issue with apple update. My issues did start when my phone went to the 9.3.1 before that was working perfect.

I have not yet downloaded the 9.3.1 update and will wait a bit longer to do so after hearing about the Bluetooth issue.
Yep definitely do that I wish BH would've notified us when they were having the issue I would've never downloaded the update.

Hi!

Just bought the BT kit for my Nitro Race; Looks like its doing weird things; tomorrow will try it better (just got my new nitro race yesterday with the kit!)

Also, do you have any manual or guide on how to use the app?

thanks!

Hi!

Just bought the BT kit for my Nitro Race; Looks like its doing weird things; tomorrow will try it better (just got my new nitro race yesterday with the kit!)

Also, do you have any manual or guide on how to use the app?

thanks!
If you have the iPhone with 9.3.1 the Bluetooth will not work! Go on the wed site you can download it there.

hi! i got a samsung s6 android device. btw cannot find the user guide on the web site, do you have the url?

Jack BH just got back to me yesterday they are having connection issues with the App. The told me they are trying to resolve the issues with an update to the app which will happen shortly. Till then we are dead in the water not being able to connect to the bike via the Bluetooth. I will advise all as soon as I know it is back up and running .

Here I am most three months later will now be able to use a new Bluetooth module on my bike that will not work with 9.3.1 . I have called BH to find out what they were doing and all that working on a resolve and they are offering me if I return my Bluetooth a full refund that is a great resolve.
Also I purchased the GPS for the which I paid for which they keep telling me it is in the port. Three months is a long time to be sitting in a port.

It is mind-boggling to me that a company this size as BH with the launch on all their new electronics at the bike expose out puts their customers in this situation. To make it worse no communications whatsoever to the owners of these products to keep them posted on what is happening.
Has anybody else had any issue with their Apple phones trying to use BH App?

No not yet just however I am in touch with their technical department and have a contact in the H who texted me the following this was just two weeks ago. Don't Grade your iPhone to 9.3.3 till call as result Bluetooth will not work

"Hi John,
Here is the latest word regarding the Bluetooth app. There should be an update at the beginning of August that will be addressing the AWD issue."

I think it's fair to assume that almost all of the apps and add on's like bluetooth dongles are sold to the bike companies by outside firms specializing in such tech. As such, the bike maker probably has ZERO knowledge on the tech and simply wants it added to their bike for competitive marketing reasons.
To expect them to KNOW how they work or how to fix them when they don't is probably (Unfortunately!) pointless.
They are probably waiting less patiently than you.
I see the same problems listed for almost all bikes with brand specific apps and bluetooth and antenna+ capabilities.
All seem to have bugs or not work much at all.

Back