BH Easy Motion 27 no speed

C43t

Region
Other
Hi i have a problem with my easymotion its not showing any speed when i start to cycle and after a while the display go off.
I can feel the motor working in the beginning but then it stops.
i have changed display and torque sensor.
Anybody knows if the speed signal come from the motor?
Its a Bosch motor.

What display? If Intuvia, slide it off and clean the contacts. We have to know what generation of Bosch motor now to help you. Also nice to know what year bike and if you are in Europe.

hi okay thanks ,do you know if its possible tomeasure if its broken?
I don't know how you could measure the signal. It would have to be a trial and error.
i have changed display and torque sensor.
If you changed the torque sensor (TMM4) I think that could be an issue. This repair requires speciality tools to setup properly.
Screenshot_20210514-153655_Gallery.jpg

Most people don't have access to a torque wrench that measures between 1Nm and 0.1Nm. I have several and the lowest I can measure is 2Nm.

This is a Dapu controller and the motor and display cables do not note which wire measures speed.

20170107_200115.png

You never said anything about error codes. There are different error codes for motor, torque sensor and communication errors. You might want to take the bike to someone that knows how to repair the system. These things are nearly impossible to troubleshoot on a forum.

I suffered this problem with my Neo Cross for about 6 years. I check the continuity on the cables several times from motor to controller and controller to display to no avail.
After some inspiration I finally found a solution. I think something fails in the controller that really squashes the amplitude of the white wire speed signal. I checked on my oscilloscope and it's like 200mV. It should be 4.2V or more. I fixed it with a 220 ohm resistor pulling up that white wire to 5V at the connector between the motor and the controller at the controller end. It's happily worked for the past 100 miles.
I spliced it in to the wires carefully removing the insulation on the wires and soldering it in place. Then some hot melt glue and insulation tape to protect it.

You could of course just get a new controller. But for me, this fix was free.

(I used to change the assist level every 5 mins to stop the LCD going to sleep and still retain some level of assist. As there's no speed indicated the LCD thinks you are not cycling so automatically shuts off. By fiddling with the LCD it stops it falling asleep)

I suffered this problem with my Neo Cross for about 6 years. I check the continuity on the cables several times from motor to controller and controller to display to no avail.
After some inspiration I finally found a solution. I think something fails in the controller that really squashes the amplitude of the white wire speed signal. I checked on my oscilloscope and it's like 200mV. It should be 4.2V or more. I fixed it with a 220 ohm resistor pulling up that white wire to 5V at the connector between the motor and the controller at the controller end. It's happily worked for the past 100 miles.
I spliced it in to the wires carefully removing the insulation on the wires and soldering it in place. Then some hot melt glue and insulation tape to protect it.

You could of course just get a new controller. But for me, this fix was free.

(I used to change the assist level every 5 mins to stop the LCD going to sleep and still retain some level of assist. As there's no speed indicated the LCD thinks you are not cycling so automatically shuts off. By fiddling with the LCD it stops it falling asleep)
Hi
I changed the motor and after that everything works again. Thanks for answer

Back