Better Kickstand?

Noreen

Sort of a lame question, I know, but does anyone have a recommendation for a kickstand? I have a Stromer ST1, and the kickstand that came with is seems too short. When in use, the bike tips a LOT - I have to pause to make sure it isn't going over.

I sort of like those auto-up kickstands, but Court mentioned in a review that you could forget that you moved the bike. Anyone using one of those? I did a little research on-line, and there are numerous options for both auto-up and regular. Any user experiences would be welcome. Thank you.

I think I saw that pletscher kickstand today at the bike store, and I liked it. Was going to have it put on, but the one they had was going to require drilling, so I declined. I'm not sure whether I need a center mount or some other type. Since I brought the Stromer home from the bike shop today, this will be something I do on my own. I would like to find a direct replacement.

Did you ever find a better kickstand for your Stromer? I'd like one with a more substantial foot, like the Pedego's and other heavy bikes have. I've already had my Stromer careen over once on soft terrain when the really thin kickstand just dug in too far.

Hello Nebster - no, I have not yet found one, and would be interested in hearing if you find one that can easily replace the existing kickstand. I will be picking up my other bike from the LBS this weekend, and they said they would do some research for the Stromer replacement for me. If the have found anything, I will let you know. I have put the Stromer away for the winter (too much salt/sand on the roads), so figured I would do this in the Spring. Mine has also gone over once.

I realize you're looking for a permanent installed solution, but what about the addition of a portable kick stand? This is the one I am thinking of: http://www.click-stand.com/

There's a heavy duty model for heavier bikes. It would certainly work to hold up your Stromer and I'd think using both would provide ease of mind... at least until you can find a more permanent solution.

PowerMe - Thank you. That looks like a good solution, and I am going to give them a call. My LBS did not find any easy replacement, so the click-stand might be the perfect solution.
Thanks.

I realize you're looking for a permanent installed solution, but what about the addition of a portable kick stand? This is the one I am thinking of: http://www.click-stand.com/

There's a heavy duty model for heavier bikes. It would certainly work to hold up your Stromer and I'd think using both would provide ease of mind... at least until you can find a more permanent solution.

I ordered my click-stand, and it arrived this week. I think it is going to be a good solution. I ordered the Max - 5, which is the heavy duty, 5 part model. Tom - who makes each click-stand by hand, suggested I measure 3 places for where the click-stand might work: the seat rails, the rear rack, and the horizontal(ish) bar under the seat/over the pedals (I have a step-through). After exchanging pictures and emails, I decided on the last option.

It is easy to unfold, and the brake bands seem to work well holding the bike in place. Not as fast in setting up as an integrated kick stand, but the bike is much more solid than with the stock kickstand.

So glad to hear that! I've not personally tried the clickStand, but I did bookmark it in case I needed one. It's nice to find a convenient and portable solution.

Back