Battery Tech and weights Creo 2 / Vado SL2

Dazmanturbo

I was looking around to see if I could see a weight and size on the Vado 2 SL 504w battery, wondering if this would fit into a Creo 2 and what the weight penalty would be. It ended up leading me down a battery rabbit hole of confusing figures.

The Creo uses Samsung 35e 18650 cells. there are 26 cells in the battery and each cell weighs 48g. These are rated at 3500Mah and give an energy density of 250wh/kg. I assume the Creo 2 uses the same cells as the weights are the same I wondered if these could now be upgrade with battery tech moving on. I looked at the 21700 cells, slightly bigger than 18650 but higher power. However, the weight difference is 70g v 48g, meaning for the same size battery it would be 572g heavier! The energy improvement is about 20%, but less that I expecting due to the increased weight.

I next looked at higher capacity 18650 as some of these are now rated to 4000Mah. These are the same weight as the existing cells and give a 20% uplift in draw. I was looking at Nano Graf, who claim to have the most energy dense 18650. They measure these battery in WH/ L (watt hours / per litre) and give a figure around 800 v 713 on the Samsung 35E. I can see they are suppling the US Military with batteries, but did not see any for sale. I have a dismantled 320W battery with dead 18650 cells so may make a project if I can source the cells.

I was not able to find any clear pictures of the Vado 504w battery

I'd say the Vado SL 2 battery is just wider to accommodate more parallel cell rows.
The length of the battery depends on the cell serial connection to provide 48 V. Usually, you add parallel rows for more battery capacity.

I'd say the Vado SL 2 battery is just wider to accommodate more parallel cell rows.
The length of the battery depends on the cell serial connection to provide 48 V. Usually, you add parallel rows for more battery capacity.
If it uses the same cells, it will 14 or 15 extra 18650. The batteries are 18mm wide 65mm long (1865 and the o means cyclinder). The 320w is arranged in welded packs of 9 with some odd ones to the side of the BMS. so I am also expecting wider

Back