Battery Power Button

RadRiderNL

I proudly own a Superdelite HS E14 with Nyon display. On the battery in top frame bar there is also a Power button. What does it do and why is it there? I manage to pause a ride with it but can not totally switch off the bike. Any insights?

This?

You can turn the bike on/off with it (you have to press pretty firmly.) Off the bike, pressing it lights up LEDs that tell you the current charge of the battery.

IMG_3527.jpg

I wonder what the logic is when you turn one battery on or off without the other, or turn both batteries on or off?

I wonder what the logic is when you turn one battery on or off without the other, or turn both batteries on or off?
It turns the entire system on/off, not just the batteries - exactly like the power button on the display.

Last edited:
Damn, here i was thinking for the last 3 years that if i take the Intuvia off the bike it would impede theft :) Lucky it still hasn't been stolen, must be the double locks & motion sensing alarm.
I got one of these for something else:

Now i'm out of warranty, would be good to hook something like that up to the 2 CAN bus lines of the batteries, as a kill switch, leave the resistance of the main power lines alone.
But then i'd have to figure out how to power that relay unit with 12V whilst the batteries are off :)
Or spend another AUD10,000 + increase of AUD2,000+ on a newer R&M that has a kill switch built-in. But that's not happening for a while! :)

Or easier still make up something to block access to the buttons on both batteries.

The system wont turn on from the batteries without a display installed - your practice of taking your Intuvia off to prevent theft is valid.

Last edited:
I proudly own a Superdelite HS E14 with Nyon display. On the battery in top frame bar there is also a Power button. What does it do and why is it there? I manage to pause a ride with it but can not totally switch off the bike. Any insights?
If there´ś a power button on the battery it may work like my dorado paks which do not switch off unless
the button is held down for 6 seconds?

If there´ś a power button on the battery it may work like my dorado paks which do not switch off unless
the button is held down for 6 seconds?
No it's a quick press, a long press (not sure how long) does a reset i believe.
And as you can see here that the Bosch BMS's are a bit more complex than the average Koala bear (which is not saying much but :)

I believe that the system can be started with the button on the battery in the case of display power failure. This is what I was told at my local bike store. For example I have an R+M with Intuvia and powerpack 500. The Intuvia uses a rechargeable battery which is supposed to draw from the main battery. In my case about 2 years ago the rechargeable display battery was not recharging properly and I could no longer power up the system. When I took the bike to the dealer he recharged the Intuvia with a USB cable which worked until he was able to get a replacement Intuvia. He told me that I could have powered up the bike with the battery button instead of walking the bike to the store.

Last edited:
Back