BAFANG RM-G062 1000W-D REAR HUB MOTOR

This may be bit complicated answer but I`ll try to keep it short.
Is the G062.1000 motor is capable of 130nm torque? Yes!
In what circumstances? Depends which kv version you have but lets assume the ~8rpm/v 26" labeled one. Then you would need approx 100 phase amps or 25 battery amps to produce 130nm of torque at 0-6mph range. That would also mean approx 1500w controller input power. In reality 25A controller is not going to produce 100 phase amps but likely 65A or so. This means torque of ~80nm.
Topspeed with 52v and 26" fat tires and 25A controller this bike is not going to hit 35mph on level ground throttle only. The claim is not way off though. Depending on battery DC IR it could reach maybe 33mph. For any more speed more power is needed.
Topspeed using PAS (or human power) is always bit complicated. In reality the power needed to up your speed from 33 mph against air drag is almost like a wall. The motor output dropping every mph speed increase is not helping either.
I would say this bike would do 35mph with PAS (for average person). Gearing is propably quite maxed out at this speed also.
45mph is absolutely not going to happen.
I`m running high kv G062.1000 motor in similar 26x4" setup with low DC IR 60V battery and 48A max. Real topspeed in good conditions is 42-43 mph (PAS).
Scares mean over 25, terrifying at 35 down a steep hill, I don´t think I´m ready for this motor yet.🧙‍♂️

This may be bit complicated answer but I`ll try to keep it short.
Is the G062.1000 motor is capable of 130nm torque? Yes!
In what circumstances? Depends which kv version you have but lets assume the ~8rpm/v 26" labeled one. Then you would need approx 100 phase amps or 25 battery amps to produce 130nm of torque at 0-6mph range. That would also mean approx 1500w controller input power. In reality 25A controller is not going to produce 100 phase amps but likely 65A or so. This means torque of ~80nm.
Topspeed with 52v and 26" fat tires and 25A controller this bike is not going to hit 35mph on level ground throttle only. The claim is not way off though. Depending on battery DC IR it could reach maybe 33mph. For any more speed more power is needed.
Topspeed using PAS (or human power) is always bit complicated. In reality the power needed to up your speed from 33 mph against air drag is almost like a wall. The motor output dropping every mph speed increase is not helping either.
I would say this bike would do 35mph with PAS (for average person). Gearing is propably quite maxed out at this speed also.
45mph is absolutely not going to happen.
I`m running high kv G062.1000 motor in similar 26x4" setup with low DC IR 60V battery and 48A max. Real topspeed in good conditions is 42-43 mph (PAS).
Grin tech has an online simulator for most motor/rider/terrain types of variables .

Got a plastic controller box that attaches to the seatpost between the mudguard and the lower end of the seatpost
How does that prevents h2o or dirt/dust from entering the motor cooling vents ? It seemed he meant that from his Q .

It's a very nice design , but i bet u don't ride it in dry conds. From other diy ebiker a sincere Congrats 👏

Q1-What grease is that ?

Q2+3- What controller and Is it a 9pin cable or 10pin for the motor cable ?

I just did a successful new motor cable install on a 48v motor. Saved 450$+ vs the 12.99$ price for a 9pin cable...but may change all of it soon for a Grin motor/baserunner/display or other similar and reliable motor combo.

How does that prevents h2o or dirt/dust from entering the motor cooling vents ? It seemed he meant that from his Q .

It's a very nice design , but i bet u don't ride it in dry conds. From other diy ebiker a sincere Congrats 👏

Q1-What grease is that ?

Q2+3- What controller and Is it a 9pin cable or 10pin for the motor cable ?

I just did a successful new motor cable install on a 48v motor. Saved 450$+ vs the 12.99$ price for a 9pin cable...but may change all of it soon for a Grin motor/baserunner/display or other similar and reliable motor combo.
If not flooded any water that goes in comes out. Dust and dirt can be problem. The vents are roughly protected by cassette and brake disc. I dont ride Sandstorm like conditions or in extreme wet conditions.
The grease I'm using is Mobil SHC100. Also using it generously.
Controller is factory custom order KT. Motor connector is L10 (10-pin).

That's a well built ebike ⭐🥇. With the h20 , maybe i'm missimg smthng. but with the copper windings that would short it out.... assuming enough h20 goes behind the cassette/rotor.

From my repair ...that Dapu 48v motor has some crazy tight tolerances... the imgs r from during the work on 1st try( the 16awg were placed as flat as possble but were still touching the plate and got stripped), 2nd try it went much better , new route for cables and issue free.

Attachments

• 3C628E09-404A-4E5E-BFC7-D27A8A54278F.jpeg
    3C628E09-404A-4E5E-BFC7-D27A8A54278F.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 948D8AA7-F663-40F7-ABF9-F02C2A73E7B6.jpeg
    948D8AA7-F663-40F7-ABF9-F02C2A73E7B6.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 278
Back