back in the market for an ebike...

sukeiasa

back in the market for an ebike since my path+ was stolen :(

ideally i'd wait for the shareroller to get on the market since i do belong to the bikeshare program in dc... but in the meanwhile, looking for something that will tie me over until those are market ready...

been considering the freway 27, the diamonback lindau, or the eflow flight.... (i know the msrp are different) but if i can get these three bikes at around the same price, which would y'all pick and why??

and if you guys have any other recommendations for cheap options, please let me know~

back in the market for an ebike since my path+ was stolen :(

ideally i'd wait for the shareroller to get on the market since i do belong to the bikeshare program in dc... but in the meanwhile, looking for something that will tie me over until those are market ready...

been considering the freway 27, the diamonback lindau, or the eflow flight.... (i know the msrp are different) but if i can get these three bikes at around the same price, which would y'all pick and why??

and if you guys have any other recommendations for cheap options, please let me know~
Take a look at this bike. Not cheap, but you can forget about the share roller. http://www.juicedbikes.com/crosscurrent/

i don't get it?
totally different concepts, no?
still have to wait for crosscurrent so not solving my immediate commute needs?

seeing how my last bike was stolen right from the bike rack located inside my apartment building.... i really want to keep this as budget as possible.....

seeing how my last bike was stolen right from the bike rack located inside my apartment building.... i really want to keep this as budget as possible.....
Sorry you lost your bike! I sometimes think about that possibility as I round the corner to where my bike is locked up and whew! Relief! So far... I actually live way out in the country and ride to a very small towns, so stolen bike isn't likely, but you never know. I do use very good locks! Good lock.

Be careful putting your commuting needs into the Shareroller. When I first saw the Shareroller I thought it would be great for when I have to travel to the big city, but most bike share programs don't allow the use of the devise. I read several city bike share contracts and many explicitly state assist motors cannot be used, as the Citibike program in NYC bike share does. DC is a little more ambiguous, but the contract does state the bikes cannot be altered in anyway. I suppose it could be done surreptitiously. I suspect the liability insurance would be through the roof for these bike share programs, that are struggling to begin with, to allow electric assist.

I'm with JoePah on contacting Len @Crazy Lenny Ebikes. Figure out your wants and your budget and call Len, I think you'll be surprised at how much bike you can get for your money. It doesn't have to be a flashy, big name bike, Len has modest bikes at rock bottom prices too! Don't just visit web sites for pricing, many manufactures require dealers to follow MAP (minimum advertised pricing). I'm not affiliated with Len other than I purchased a bike from him for less than I thought I could. There wasn't any dickering involved, just a square deal right from the get-go. It can't hurt to call!

Good luck, and get a good lock! Two if need be.....:)

thanks.
i've been kinda working with evan from crazy lenny's in finding the most affordable option.... hoping for the best.
i understand where you're coming from with the shareholler issue and i guess we'll just see how it pans out when it actually becomes a commercial reality.

Back