Aventure brake question

Jtac15

Just removed and replaced back wheel too change a tube. When replaced the wheel the brakes now are very spongy. The lever goes all the way to grips before stopping. How can i adjust this to get a firmer lever again? Thanks in advance for any help.

Just removed and replaced back wheel too change a tube. When replaced the wheel the brakes now are very spongy. The lever goes all the way to grips before stopping. How can i adjust this to get a firmer lever again? Thanks in advance for any help.
The first thing I'd check is to make sure that you didn't lose a brake pad during the wheel change. You wouldn't expect the brake bleeding to be affected by removing and replacing the wheel

The first thing I'd check is to make sure that you didn't lose a brake pad during the wheel change. You wouldn't expect the brake bleeding to be affected by removing and replacing the wheel
Thank you. Ill look at the pads

Is there any chance you squeezed a brake lever while the wheel was off? (this "could" have introduce air into the system and caused a spongy feeling brake)

Is there any chance you squeezed a brake lever while the wheel was off? (this "could" have introduce air into the system and caused a spongy feeling brake)
I didnt intentionally squeeze it. I dont think it was squeezed accidently either. I flipped the bike upside down and had the grips on blocks.

All you need to do is pump the brakes with the bike upright. Tap the lines a bit, and pump again.

Back