Aventon pace 500 upgrade questions standard frame

Region
USA
City
Connecticut’
New pace 500 owner here with standard frame. I noticed that the Pace 500 step thru range is greater than the standard frame in pas levels 1&2, and identical to the Level. I’m wondering if those bikes have a newer controller. Would upgrading my bike with the Level controller allow me to get those benefits?. Is there a downside or risk to doing so? I'm asking because I ride mostly in 1&2. I also take long rides and am thinking of a second battery. Would the Level battery work? I've seen Pace 500 batteries on AliExpress that go up to 14wh. Would those work, or should I stick with the standard? Many thanks for considering my questions and taking the time to reply.

If you go under "Technical Specifications", everything is identical. Including the range.
I don't know why you got better mileage on step thru than step over, but that could be anything.
Thank you. I was having some range anxiety. I’ll just enjoy the bike and ride.

Also, I am not sure if Level controller would give you any performance advantage.
If you look at the spec sheet, it will give you identical performance figure. 500W nominal, 750W max.

Aventure on the other had, has 750W nominal, 1130W max.
I am not sure if you can fit that controller in the frame of Level, as Aventure has wider frame.

I think you meant 14Ah, not 14hWh. (battery from AliExpress you're talking about)

Does the Pace 500 have Reention Dorado 440mm or 505mm?
Just by looking at the photos, I think it has 505mm version.

You can get 48V 25Ah if you want, from Jenny.
Jenny has been selling batteries to EBR members and she's been receiving good feedback.
Thanks for replying and your advice. I’m going to ride for a while and get a sense of my range over time. If I need a battery with more capacity I’ll take your suggestion and get in touch with Jenny. In another reply in this thread I mentioned my range anxiety. The reason is that my other ebike gets around 60 miles per charge, so I got concerned when I read that Avrnton bikes average 40 and started looking for ways to close the gap. I never owned a rear hub pas bike before. I’m intrugued and have a lot to learn.

Timpo - Not an Aventon 500, it's a mid-drive bike with a Shimano e6100 motor and e6010 battery (418wh). I pedal it mostly in Eco and Normal, often with no assist on the flats or when I want to get more exercise. Based on today's test ride today, I think I'll be riding in Off, and PAS Level 1 and Level 2. My range anxiety has abated now that I have the bike and am not anticipating getting it and thinking about potential issues. 500 is a very nice, rideable bike, but I need to get used to the PAS approach, It's different from my bike with a torque sensor, acceleration being the main thing as others have commented. But starting off in 0 and then going into assist after the bike starts rolling seems very workable, especially on paths or other places where there are a lot of pedestrians and cyclists.

You are correct. Each bike is what it is. I enjoy riding the Aventon so far. It has benefits that my mid-drive doesn't and vice versa. I'm just trying to understand each bike on its own terms so I can maximize my riding enjoyment.

Back