aventon battery meter goes up and down.

dmcmillin75

Region
USA
I have an aventon sinch step thru that has a few miles on it (500~). its my first winter. Generally I ride PA2 and sometimes PA3(uphill) during the spring/summer it has worked really well. I was averaging around 30-35 miles easily and never hit 20%. now that fall has come, my meter on it if I am riding pa2, it drains SO fast. The weird thing is, if I switch it to PA1, the meter shows a large than original amount. the weather is generally 50-60 during this time of the year. I checked the connections on the battery and they are sterile clean.

Anyone else have this issue and knows of a fix?
Thanks!!!

Sag, and temperature variations. You are having battery issues. How old is the battery? Has it been unused and sat at 100% charge?

I have had the battery for as long as the bike, about 7 months. Also, Every day, I plug it in until green after using it. So no, its not been unused and sat at 100% charge for an extended period.

Have you tried balancing the battery?
you mean get it to 100% then drain it as low as possible 3 times and never let it go more than 12 hours in the charger? yeah. ^_^ also, not sure if that's what you mean. it's just weird it started doing it all the sudden.

drain it as low as possible
NO! Not below LVC Low Voltage Cutoff
MUST BE MONITORED THROUGHOUT THE LONG CHARGE OR IN A SAFE FIREPROOF LOCATION
Never charge a potentially problematic battery unattended.

But 3 long monitored charges of 8-10 hours may have a positive effect. There's no need to "drain" the battery.

What is the voltage of the battery read with a multimeter?

NO! Not below LVC Low Voltage Cutoff
MUST BE MONITORED THROUGHOUT THE LONG CHARGE OR IN A SAFE FIREPROOF LOCATION
Never charge a potentially problematic battery unattended.

But 3 long monitored charges of 8-10 hours may have a positive effect. There's no need to "drain" the battery.

What is the voltage of the battery read with a multimeter?
getting a multimeter today to check that out.

Back