Aventon Aventure E25 brake error

Jbiker1

Region
USA
I have an Aventure with almost new, .ost 200 miles. I was riding my average ride several times a week. Approx. 8 miles on pavement. I was going down a hill and the display turned off, I stopped , no power. I turned on the power and the display came up with a E25 brake error. It cleared , no problem. I finished my 2 miles home, No problem. Just trying to be sure I don't have a problem that might get me stranded miles from home. I haven't found anything Aventon specific yet. For some vendors this appears to be a brake sensor error. Does anyone have any info on this?

It sounds like you have an electrical issue somewhere that caused the bike to power off, or maybe a faulty controller. Regardless, the brake error code is interesting and a possible safety issue. The only connection that each brake has to the controller is a switch that cuts off the motor if either brake is applied, and possibly the rear brake light, but that could also be a directly run wire that does not go through the controller. Either way, not knowing what caused the initial shutdown, you should make sure that each brake lever - when applied - shuts the motor off when it is assisting or on throttle. As far as leaving you stranded, it sounds like a reboot cleared up the issue in this case, but it should not be shutting down. I have an Aventon Level, and so far, after over 1000 miles, it has been solid electrically, and I have ridden on some very hot days in hilly areas. If the problem persists, I would reach out to Aventon support. It may take some time, but they will make it right.

Here's my guess. Battery jostled, momentarily disconnected. Power off. You turned it back on while still moving? Maybe while applying brake? Some startup calibration wasn't happy that the motor was spinning during powerup, and reported an error. Of course, if you weren't moving, then I'm wrong.

I was stopped when I powered it up. I don't think I had the brakes on, but its possible. I was on a uphill. Another test run later today. Battery shifting/ power off is a possibility ,but I was going downhill on a paved road.

No more problems,so far. But I had logged a call with support just in case of more related issues. 2 weeks. So far no call back from my support email. A few days ago, I l I get a 2nd call. Same response so far- NONE. I love the bike. But I am concerned about lack of support when I have a major problem? If I had it to do over. I would not buy a bike from Aventon. Maybe only from LBS on a brand with better support? I don't expect this to make any difference but hoping for better support. Othereise I dont think Aventon will see much repeat business due to support. Check out Aventon on BBB. RAD is about the same.

No more problems,so far. But I had logged a call with support just in case of more related issues. 2 weeks. So far no call back from my support email. A few days ago, I l I get a 2nd call. Same response so far- NONE. I love the bike. But I am concerned about lack of support when I have a major problem? If I had it to do over. I would not buy a bike from Aventon. Maybe only from LBS on a brand with better support? I don't expect this to make any difference but hoping for better support. Othereise I dont think Aventon will see much repeat business due to support. Check out Aventon on BBB. RAD is about the same.
I'm glad that this did not become a frequent issue for you. Sounds like maybe some type of glitch that worked itself out.

I am of the same opinion as you regarding Aventon at the moment. I am happy with my Level which has well over 1000 miles on it, but I am not happy when I read the stories here about their horrible customer support. It is disrespectful to the good folks who keep them in business. They do have time to send almost daily marketing emails however, and if I was waiting for a customer service response from them, only to get these daily emails, I would be furious. I will ride my Level until it is no longer serviceable, and I will be looking elsewhere for a replacement bike.

Maybe they should send some marketing folks to support? Curious, you see few bad reviews on their web site. Beginning to think they are good at automated emails not much else.

Maybe they should send some marketing folks to support? Curious, you see few bad reviews on their web site. Beginning to think they are good at automated emails not much else.
I never trust reviews on a seller's website. It's to their advantage to not post the negative reviews.

Back