Aventon Abound front utility rack

NWA Cycling

Region
USA
I am looking to buy the front utility rack for the Aventon Abound. Aventon has been out of them and I have no idea when they might be back in stock. TIA.

In November, I wanted one, too. Now that I've seen my bike, I've glad they were out. It looks as if would cause wear and tear on the cables coming from the bars.

I mounted the panniers, which hold 30 liter each, but I took them off. They were less convenient than baskets, they couldn't be used with the cargo rack, and they were in the way of maintenance. I can mount a 45-liter and a 67-liter plastic bin on the cargo rack with bungee cords. I can mount either or both or use the cargo rack alone. I don't need a front rack.

The reason I am looking for the rack is I have the pet basket for the front which is supposed to be compatible with that rack. The hanger for the pet basket goes over the handlebars and has a brace/bracket that’s supposed to stabilize it, but the locking mechanism that allows the handlebars to fold down is in the way. So I currently have an accessory that is entirely unusable.

Here are some pics of the pet carrier and the rack that is supposed to be used. If I had the front rack, I could use the straps on the back to strap the carrier directly to the rack. As it is now. It’s completely unusable.

Attachments

• IMG_1926.jpeg
    IMG_1926.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1928.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1929.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 51
I really don’t know it they lower or not since they are folding handle bars, but as I’m very short, I wouldn’t want them higher. Be like the old ape hangers on motorcycles in the 1960’s. Imagine Peter Fonda on an Abound…

Back