ASE declares bankruptcy. All 105 Performance Bike stores nationwide to close. ASE owns brands Fuji, SE, Kestrel, Breezer, Phat Cycles, Tuesday Cycles

I'm going to miss my local Performance Bike shop. Eric and Todd from their repair, maintenance and service center were incredibly skilled and always eager to help and answer my technical questions. They were so good that people will come from 100s of miles away to fix their bikes here. I spoke to them yesterday and they already have multiple offers from other local bike shops for their talents, but Eric (an Engineer by education) is also looking to start his own repair shop from his garage. I will also miss the Saturday morning Great Ride series with the group. In addition, nothing compares to my local Performance Bike store as far as the number of variety of bike stuff they carried vs my other local local bike shops. So it was always a great place to visit during the weekend to talk to them, buy some supplies, and see what new stuff have come out. They will be sorely missed.

What happens to all of that inventory? Do they sell it off to 3rd party companies or have a sales blowout liquidation? Just curious.

What happens to all of that inventory? Do they sell it off to 3rd party companies or have a sales blowout liquidation? Just curious.
There is already an escalating sale going on heading into January 15 when there will be an auction to sell all the remaining inventory, brands, store fixtures, etc. Right now they are up to 40% off. As we get closer I'm sure that number will increase.

Back