Are Biktrix and VoltBike batteries interchangeable?

Jtdev

Region
Canada
The standard batteries used by Biktrix for their current line-up of Juggernaut and Stunner bikes appear to be identical to those used by Voltbikes. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? Thanks.

I think they both use retention type locks which is a universal type of design, they should work interchangeably.

There may be connector differences. But adapters can make compatibility easy.

Also interchangeable with NCM Batteries. LeonCycle.com or LeonCycle.ca have them at decent prices for spare batteries. They will fit th Biktrix/Voltbike too. They are Reention Dorado+ batteries

Free shipping with LeonCycle.ca too and they ship quickly and with proper Li-Ion hazard labels, etc. I ordered a 16ah battery from them $519cdn+tax and have been very happy.
Thanks. Did you use it on a biktrix?

No I have an NCM Moscow but I've looked into the batteries that fit my bike from every supplier I can think of, lol. So far LeonCycle.ca has been cheapest for a known good battery supplier. I was tempted by Aliexpress and even DHGate but didn't fully trust the cells inside the battery they use.

Here's suppliers I have looked into and had trust in their batteries (DHGate maybe less so):
Amegoa, Leon and Epic cycles are all selling NCM supplied batteries that I know are made of good cells and use Li-NCM battery chemistry which is good for ebike uses and longevity of charge cycles. So I ordered from Leon in the end.

No I have an NCM Moscow but I've looked into the batteries that fit my bike from every supplier I can think of, lol. So far LeonCycle.ca has been cheapest for a known good battery supplier. I was tempted by Aliexpress and even DHGate but didn't fully trust the cells inside the battery they use.

Here's suppliers I have looked into and had trust in their batteries (DHGate maybe less so):
Amegoa, Leon and Epic cycles are all selling NCM supplied batteries that I know are made of good cells and use Li-NCM battery chemistry which is good for ebike uses and longevity of charge cycles. So I ordered from Leon in the end.
Thanks for the detailed info. I spoke to Leon's on the phone. They could not guarantee the batteries would work with another type of bike, but they did confirm they were 18 inches rather than 15, which is the size I am looking for. the sales rep was very helpful, by the way. If I do decide to pull the trigger, I will post the outcome.

I did buy the deHawk battery (48V 16Ah) from Leon Cycle as purchasing a spare from Biktrix right now is too costly and was not completely confident with some of the other low cost options. It was visually a match for the battery that came with the Biktrix Stunner and fit as expected. The odd thing is that when I first installed the battery the display would only power on for a sec and then powered off. I checked the battery's power level and got a full green bar. Pressed power on again and all worked and took a ride without issues. After removing, recharging and reinstalling the battery I had to go through the same process of checking the battery's level for the display to stay powered on. After that power off / power on worked fine.

I did buy the deHawk battery (48V 16Ah) from Leon Cycle as purchasing a spare from Biktrix right now is too costly and was not completely confident with some of the other low cost options. It was visually a match for the battery that came with the Biktrix Stunner and fit as expected. The odd thing is that when I first installed the battery the display would only power on for a sec and then powered off. I checked the battery's power level and got a full green bar. Pressed power on again and all worked and took a ride without issues. After removing, recharging and reinstalling the battery I had to go through the same process of checking the battery's level for the display to stay powered on. After that power off / power on worked fine.

I have 3 batteries now all from NCM and have noticed differences in all three regarding how the power button and battery management system work, I need to collect some notes and post them here. What I have noticed is that for one of the new batteries (like <2 months old), there's a state it can get in where it stays powered on even off the bike indefinitely and the area with the LED's stay let and even gets a bit warm over time. I am unsure how to consistently get it into that state. Another battery will occasionally "ramp up" the LED display to show it's charge level when I press the power button. Like it lights the LED's in sequence one by one, but most of the time it just lights them all up and shows the level at once and turns on.

I am suspecting NCM either switches suppliers among several sources or else the supplier they use is switching BMS providers. All batteries I have work and have great capacity, the behavior differences are just interesting.

Your specific quirk isn't anything I've seen myself though.

Thanks for the response. Did the battery work with the biktrix charger?

Back