Anyone know why RX pro doesn’t have cruise control and the Leisure does?

Spatzi

I find this baffling. Rx pro is their top of the line bike, with throttle, but it does not have cruise control like the lower priced leisure.

Different controller one bike vs. the other. Hub drive with external controller on the Leisure, internal Bafang controller on the RX Pro (Ultra mid motor). HUGE differences between them.

I have a rize x as well as an rx pro, and I don't find the cruise control on the x all that useful. It was nice on rare occasion, and worked ok because the hub drive is fully separate from the crankset so I could coast and shift gears without shutting it off. On the rx pro because of the addition of the shift interconnect it would be constantly disengaging as I shift a lot on the hilly terrain here. Since it's such a long press to set it again, I don't find it convenient for most riding I do. It would be better if there was an instant-on cruise control button, but I'm not complaining.

I agree. My hub drive bike has it, it works, but it's rarely used. Might be different for commuting or for long boring sections of rails to trails.

Back