Anyone here have a 2019 Explore E+ 1 GTS with SMALL frame size?

Mtl_Biker

If you have one, please confirm whether or not it has braze ons for attaching a water bottle cage. I've got one enroute to me from across Canada and I've never seen one personally. I've only seen the medium and large frame sizes. I just heard that some Giant e-bike models with small frames do NOT have the braze ons. And if my new bike doesn't, I'm going to be bummed about it. I'm a long-time cyclist and I'm used to drinking water while riding and I really wouldn't wan to have to stop and get a bottle out of my pannier.

Thanks for any confirmation on this.

My shop did a handlebar mount for my bottle cage for under $10. I have a step through and after kicking (and breaking) my cage I said enough of that.

Not sure whether or not the step through has the same seat tube length as the regular, but since posting my question I found out the the Quick E in small has the same length seat tube as the Explore E+ 1, and the Quick E doesn't have the braze ons.

Not sure if a handlebar mount will work for me because I also want to mount my phone on the handlebars. And probably a second light (I like the bright ones that flash and I will be riding in the dark on my commute pretty soon as the days get shorter.

I'd never imagined that my new bike wouldn't have those braze ons.

Got a photo of that handlebar mount?

get a Quad Lock mount for your stem and then you would have room for a feedbag next to it and a light if your want.

The Quad Lock system is terrific! I just got it a few days ago because I’d changed my iPhone and my motorcycle mount no longer fit it. So I got a bike, motorcycle and sticky mount (for the car) and so far I’m very impressed.

I’m now going to wait until I get my new bike before deciding what I need to buy next. I’m not sure with the RideControl EVO that I’ll be able to fit the phone on the stem.

I ended up using a Bar fly to mount my Evo display out a bit further so I could fit my quad lock (with iphone 8) on my stem. Otherwise it wouldn't have fit. fit
1565307603137.png
There is more info on the specifics for mouting the Evo in the Quick E forum. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/quick-e.8648/page-17#post-187348

I ended up using a Bar fly to mount my Evo display out a bit further so I could fit my quad lock (with iphone 8) on my stem. Otherwise it wouldn't have fit. fit
View attachment 36375
There is more info on the specifics for mouting the Evo in the Quick E forum. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/quick-e.8648/page-17#post-187348

Thanks (again!) for your helpful comments. I like the Quad Lock so much that I'm going to order some more, but now I'm going to wait until next week when I actually have the bike and can see exactly what I need.

@macdude22 - Thanks for that. I kinda doubt I'll have room on my handlebars for that. I need to mount my cellphone and probably an additional light (higher power and flashing) because I will be riding a lot in the dark as the days get shorter and shorter. Plus, I'm used to moving my hands around on the bars to prevent cramping or numbness. I should have my new bike on Tuesday and I'll know more then.

Not quite sure what your photos show... when I search Rokform mount, I get cellphone mounts. Can you please clarify what kind of mount you're using for the bottle cage? The middle photo shows a bit of the mount and part of the name making it look like it's from Giant.

The water bottle cage mount is a giant, I have a rokform mount on my old bike I need to move over to the right side of my handlebar. Have been lazy to get it down from where it's hanging.

I think this is the mount, unsure, I was just complaining about frame mount cages on step through frames and the shop guy said "I have something for that!" and they installed it on the spot.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/handlebar-water-bottle-cage-mount

@macdude22 - Thanks! Now it's clear. The Rokform mount is for your cellphone and Giant has a handlebar mount for water bottle cages.

That Giant handlebar mount is not on Giant Canada's website. I don't know if a dealer would be able to get it. It IS on the US site though. If you hadn't brought this mount to my attention I probably would have never found out about it. Thank you.

Back