anyone get that grinding feel when you put a new chain on?

fooferdoggie

not sure what bosch motors get that grinding feel when you mash the pedals and have a slow cadence mine is a performance speed. but I also get that when I put a new chain on even though I am not mashing anyone else?

What is the state of your cassette cogs? Chainring? If you replaced the chain too late, the chances are your smallest cassette cogs are worn (the chainring will be next). Am I obvious? Do you think the grinding comes from the motor?

no this has always been like this. its from the motor. I always get this if I am pushing hard in too small of a cog. but I always get it with a new chain too. I have put on three new chains in 6500 miles chains always get replaced when they hit .5. bosch motors dont like mashing and it feels jsut liek that. every time I put a new chain on it does this for awhile then eases up and stops. its not a problem just somethign that has always been that way.

Gen 2 motor?

I’ve noticed at certain cadences and effort levels that I’ll get vibration in the chain on just about every Gen 2 Cx or Speed motor I’ve ridden. It’s to the point where I consider it normal behavior.

Gen 2 motor?

I’ve noticed at certain cadences and effort levels that I’ll get vibration in the chain on just about every Gen 2 Cx or Speed motor I’ve ridden. It’s to the point where I consider it normal behavior.
yes gen 2 I only get it when I am peddling too hard and slow or when I change the chain. I have no idea why it does it when I put a new chain on.

I would drop the chain , turn the cranks to see if there is any grinding or noise coming from the motor.

If it is from the motor it should not change as you put miles on the chain. If it is from the chain and once you put miles it goes away then probably some cogs are worn out, I am not aware of any breaking in period for chains, they just match the cogs if they are worn out.

Moreover Bosch gen 2 has a reduction gear and these gears can be felt slightly when pedaling.

Other than that that grinding feel may come from anywhere on your drivetrain. Derailleur, even from worn out pedal bearings.

Back