Anybody swap out their chainring for a smaller one for better climbing?

For a few dollars more there are USA resellers that have a real warranty.

Just a reminder if you upgrade from a BBS02 to a BBSHD the chainring mounting hole are different sizes and won't transfer over. So figure $499 for your bare bones and another $70 for a chainring depending which one you need.
Aren't bikes great!

For a few dollars more there are USA resellers that have a real warranty.
For a bare bones BBSHD? Links? The only one I found was Luna but I’d be happy to spend an extra dollar for a warranted bare bones BBSHD.

Just a reminder if you upgrade from a BBS02 to a BBSHD the chainring mounting hole are different sizes and won't transfer over. So figure $499 for your bare bones and another $70 for a chainring depending which one you need.
Aren't bikes great!
Ok thanks.

The “holes” use the same size fasteners. Their spacing is different. BBS02 is 104BCD, BBSHD 130BCD.

Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) is the diameter of an imaginary circle running through the center of the chainring mounting holes. It is always defined in millimeters.

Isn’ the “hole” I was refering too smaller on the BBSHD? Meaning the part that fits over the motor protrusion? It wont phsyically fit. Let alone bolt up. Just sayin he would need a new ring. Haven’t seen an Ultra motor from Luna for ……. Maybe Kyle and the guys got some in, maybe they got some Apollo’s….nope zero, nada. The M600 is “still” out of stock. M620 not even listed. Cuts the field down by.

I've put a second chainring on the inside of the spyder on my FS Ultra. This vastly improves the chainline when in the lowest gear, almost perfect alignment in 1st and dead straight when in 2nd. I 'shift' the chain to the inside ring when riding in the woods. The outer ring is the stock 44t steel narrow/wide, the inner is a steel 42t standard 11spd.

Attachments

• 16267865718934128270673131026755.jpg
    16267865718934128270673131026755.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 324
I just put the 32T chainring on, I now have a good selection of tools so it took about 1/2 hour. Oh, I had to only cut two links to fit new ring but, I think my chain was tight on the 44. I took it for a spin but had speed limited to 20 mph ( not sure why) it felt like it would’ve gone about 22 mph or so, so I wasn’t off on my math. I’m going to try it in the woods this coming weekend to see how it works out. I’m also going to try to do a long ride on the road to see how it’s going to effect the battery life there. Check the picture out, quite the difference In size!View attachment 80387
What bike did you put the 32t chainring on? Was it difficult to get everything lines up? What motor do you have and what were the results when you drove it?

What bike did you put the 32t chainring on? Was it difficult to get everything lines up? What motor do you have and what were the results when you drove it?
Ultra 1000, used a 104BCD because original is too big for 32t, top speed pedaling is about 17-19 mph, top speed on throttle is about 25 mph. TBH it may be too low geared, great for woods and mud but, I’ve been riding a bit more on the road and am missing the higher gears.

Back