Any ebikes with throttle override in pedal assist mode?

48v

Can I get some help in compiling a list of bikes that allow you to access throttle power in pedal assist mode?

I notice that izip tends to have this feature. Does this add complexity and cost for the manufacturer or do some leave it off for safety reasons?

Can I get some help in compiling a list of bikes that allow you to access throttle power in pedal assist mode?

I notice that izip tends to have this feature. Does this add complexity and cost for the manufacturer or do some leave it off for safety reasons?
Good question... I'd love to help with a list but am pretty busy on the road right now. These are some that come to mind from memory. You're correct about many of the IZIP bikes doing it.
I'm sure there are more, hope this helps!

Great list, Court. Thanks.

What is the reason so many big bike companies are not including this feature?

Great list, Court. Thanks.

What is the reason so many big bike companies are not including this feature?
I'm not sure man... Not every assist type bike even has a throttle but the ones that do offer a variety of setups. I find it especially frustrating when they only have throttle override and require you to be in pedal assist to use the throttle. More than once this has startled me (when I thought I was just relying on the throttle).

My preference is for there to be a zero level that is only throttle with multiple assist and multiple regen modes. I'm okay with having the throttle override assist but it's really great when there's an extra switch enabling or disabling it.

I find the ability to switch between modes, without changing the control setting, to be valueable.

Specifically, I will be in PAS going down hill. When I reach max cadence, I throttle and tuck to hold the speed. If I had to reach down and change the assist level to 0, it would be dangerous at high speeds. I like the option to use either, with output level being independent.

Should PAS or throttle be given priority, or be co-usable? This is for when both are being used.
IMO, co-usable. Override should depend upon the input level, not a priority.
ex. If I am throttling easy, no pedal, but then decide to push hard. The PAS signal should override the throttle and accelerate. The same should happen in reverse. An easy pedal PAS output should be able to be overridden by a full throttle input.

One consideration could allow throttle operation to be at high level, which PAS is limited by actual level setting. This allows full power from a stopped position using the throttle, but a limited start using pedal.

These are my personal preferences.

The EG Zurich 350 Pedal assist and throttle modes work well together. I enjoy using the "low" and "med" assist levels with an occasional boost from the thumb throttle control. Using the Pedal assist at the lower power levels in conjunction with the thumb throttle seems to minimize battery drain and maximize mileage.

Some blog links on my experience with the EG Zurich 350IX:

hi,
it is europe safety standard to have the pedal assist working to make the throttle work. the usa standard is to have the throttle on demand. check my website for more info
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
mike

I have throttle override control on my iZip E3 Zuma and won't have a bike without it. I am currently looking for a replacement bike and notices Rad Power Bikes all have throttle control override in PAS.

Back