Any downtube long thin batteries for DIY Bikes?

creativepart

Region
USA
My DIY eBike has a bulky 13ah 48v Shark style battery on the downtube. Does anyone make one of those long thin batteries like the ones built in on Bosch and other brands with an accompanying cradle? Not that I want it built in - still just mounted on top of the downtube.

My DIY eBike has a bulky 13ah 48v Shark style battery on the downtube. Does anyone make one of those long thin batteries like the ones built in on Bosch and other brands with an accompanying cradle? Not that I want it built in - still just mounted on top of the downtube.
Check the KIT and DIY forum. Someone has probably built one if they aren't commercially available.

You could always look to Qualisports.us as a possible starting point. A number of those bikes have the batteries in fat seat tubes. Most are 36V, but i think they have a 48V as well. It would probably require some modding to lose the saddle clamp to reduce length.

As an aside, I've seen "hailong" advertised as "shark" before. A friend looking at DIY kits once mentioned that hailong translates from Chinese into "sea dragon" (or "sea monster" possibly?), which he found amusing, so "shark" seem in the right ballpark. :)

If you are using 18650 cells and they are stacked sideways, it is hard to make the case thinner.

wolf.jpg

Hailong packs are commonly referred to as Shark packs. If anything more consumers know them for that name than they know the manufacturer's name. Its only us geeks who know the difference :D

Back