Andy Kirby "Vapour" E-Bike Review

Battery weighs in at 17lb by itself. Cost me 7 bills to build ( no labor ) And yes ithe bike actually weighs what the digital scale says with the bigger battery 74.51lbs. Stock battery that came with the bike makes the bike about 10lbs lighter. 50.67lbs hahahahahaha.

Battery weighs in at 17lb by itself. Cost me 7 bills to build ( no labor ) And yes ithe bike actually weighs what the digital scale says with the bigger battery 74.51lbs. Stock battery that came with the bike makes the bike about 10lbs lighter. 50.67lbs hahahahahaha.
Who’s a clever boy then?So let me get this straight.You build battery (17lbs)when Fitted your bike weighs 74.51lbs.However the battery that came with bike weighs 10lbs lighter than the one you made.Doesn’t that make the bike 64.51 lbs?

Your math is spot on. My joke was that the bike never saw 50.67 lbs unless it had no battery and probably tires. I think I'll go see my buddy with the bike and weigh it again sans battery, I can even video it. Stay tuned.

Your math is spot on. My joke was that the bike never saw 50.67 lbs unless it had no battery and probably tires. I think I'll go see my buddy with the bike and weigh it again sans battery, I can even video it. Stay tuned.
I think the joke was 74lbs.

Here's the skinny on the "Weight" of the AK Vapour:

This is complete bike minus any battery:
x76E42DCSy+woquKJWDByA.jpg

Here is bike with the 14ah battery it came with:
V6dTqyGUT7qr7tTJQvGjqA.jpg

Here is bike with 34.5ahr battery:

dHsbTyweT7KQRQTIZwmliw.jpg

Only changes we made to the bike from original was a 120mm dropper post and lever, different seat, different stem (90mm), different grips, e-chain, different pedals, changed tires to 3", and removed rock guard and installed 40t race face chainring.
Not sure how the description comes up with "the weight"of 50.76 lbs, maybe no battery and tires. Plus they substitute for lower end fork and rear shock. That yahoo should be ashamed of himself. But it's done and my other buddy who ordered a month or so after this bike just got contacted by DOT for the VAT Tax so his bike should be here in a week or so. I expect the same substitutions were made on his also. I sure his will be set-up about the same

View attachment 84811

View attachment 84812

View attachment 84813

Only changes we made to the bike from original was a 120mm dropper post and lever, different seat, different stem (90mm), different grips, e-chain, different pedals, changed tires to 3", and removed rock guard and installed 40t race face chainring.
Not sure how the description comes up with "the weight"of 50.76 lbs, maybe no battery and tires. Plus they substitute for lower end fork and rear shock. That yahoo should be ashamed of himself. But it's done and my other buddy who ordered a month or so after this bike just got contacted by DOT for the VAT Tax so his bike should be here in a week or so. I expect the same substitutions were made on his also. I sure his will be set-up about the same
Ok thanks for the info much appreciated.

View attachment 84811

View attachment 84812

View attachment 84813

What as a matter of interest was the size of frame?Also what is the measurement from floor to top of your saddle when dropped?Just curious about his frame.

I think he got the 17” frame. Another friend got the 19” frame his should be here next week. Floor to top of my saddle when dropped is 37”

I think he got the 17” frame. Another friend got the 19” frame his should be here next week. Floor to top of my saddle when dropped is 37”
Please let me know what your friend thinks about the bike.Thanks for your replies and help.

He likes it. Just feels there was a bait and switch on the componants. Would he do it all again, no. He would of just built it up from frame and ww motor from Pushkar. That being said. He’s 5’8” and its tight for him, and we put a 50mm stem on. Bike handles good just lower quality parts. We replaced some parts allready. Could he put some $ into an upgrade sure but then he’s in $$$. Hindsite is great unless your looking back yourself. We’ve tweaked the programming and he’s satisfied. Buying just the frame and building up or find another one from China. Main draw on this bike was dual suspension and battery triangle space.

Some advice please.Would differing frame sizes determine the distance from the ground to the saddle ?I have mobility issues with my legs and have problems mounting and dismounting.once on the bike I can use a dropper but getting in the bike is the problem.Any thoughts?

Some advice please.Would differing frame sizes determine the distance from the ground to the saddle ?I have mobility issues with my legs and have problems mounting and dismounting.once on the bike I can use a dropper but getting in the bike is the problem.Any thoughts?
Martyn, I suppose you are asking regarding the bike greeno is talking about. If you are disabled you probably ought to be looking at a step through bike AND a bike with some real support in this hemisphere. I recommend Biktrix.

Martyn, I suppose you are asking regarding the bike greeno is talking about. If you are disabled you probably ought to be looking at a step through bike AND a bike with some real support in this hemisphere. I recommend Biktrix.

Thank you I will take a look.Problem im sure will be I live in the uk.

Final chapter in this unfortunate saga.
My friend that ordered his bike in Dec just received it last week. So far so good. He ordered a 17" (Medium) frame from D-bag Kirby and he got a 19" (Large) frame bike.
Front and rear shock were substituted also like my other buddy's build with ZERO compensation. Should of been Rockshox Yari and gets a DNM POS. The rear was the same instead of getting a X-Fusion o2 he got another DNM and it doesn't even hold air for any length of time. We pumped 200psi in it on Wed and checked it this morning ( Saturday) and it was 110psi.

This message is for A.K.
You should be ashamed of yourself for either being STUPID or DISHONEST or both and on being a "Sales Representative" of a product and then taking ZERO responsibility on the delivery or quality of said item. My friend's sent you e-mails inquiring on delivery dates and shipping and was ignored and only when myself contacted you directly by e-mail did you respond to them. I didn't buy anything from him and he answered me? Also when asked about the substitutions on the shocks you told my buddy "China did the swaps and there's nothing I can do about it".... what a tool dude.

It's guys like you that hold back advancement of sports, products, or ideas. Being honest is the LEAST you should do.

With the world and economy the way it is and a lot of things being "sold out or back ordered" some of us are willing to think outside the box or take a chance on new ideas or products at our own cost. But we don't expect to be lied to, not responded to or ignored.

Receiving a bike as advertised and it didn't work out, fine thats on us, thats the breaks and we accept that.

Don't know much about this guy but buyer beware. Maybe thats why I couldn't find any kind of reviews on the bike to start with.
We'll end up replacing front and rear shock with something serviceable and take it from there.

Haven't had chance to build him his new battery so he went on a ride with the supplied battery that it came with. 52v probably 14ahr I'm guessing and he got 12.5 miles out of it and it cut out on him coming up the last small hill and he had to manually pedal over, his battery read 48.8v. My battery read 56.4v. Im guessing low quality batteries to boot. Mercy mercy mercy.

Sorry for the rant. I am Done.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that...really adds to the value in how Pushkar is very visible and quick to respond. Even the unfortunate delays are Grade A transparency. I feel like I am not getting ripped when communication is up front and honest.

Bad news such as delays or parts problems suck, but this is when honesty and transparency is most appreciated and will keep a customers goodwill. Should be common sense because it will keep you in business.

Back