Always On Daytime Running Lights...May have screwed up my CCX controller

youth

Stupidly wiring new lights while connectors were connected & not realizing bike was still on at the display. Shorted it after touching wires with stripping tool. Now the light switch at the display doesn't work & the light only responds to the main battery switch. I haven't tried riding it yet to see if it affected anything else, but throttle, walk, & buttons all seem to work normally.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll make sure my display is not on when I hook up my new light. Lmk how it works out with your bike.

I really hate hearing that. That's got to be frustrating. Do you think you fried the whole controller or just the display? I noticed the controller was $199 on their website but am not sure what the display costs. Hopefully considerably less.

I haven't taken it for a ride yet, but the display appears to work normally except that the switch for the light doesn't work. Throttle is responsive so controller is not dead. The only odd behavior so far is that the light will turn on the instant the controller gets power.

My mistake. I read "the display light" as being an issue with the display. I now understand it's an issue with enabling the headlight with the display button. Not as bad as I originally thought.

So nothing happens when you depress the plus button for a few seconds? The headlight icon no longer comes on? Does the light icon come on when the light turns on?

The light automatically turns on when the battery main switch is pressed. The display show only 4w even with the light on. But the button to turn on the light does bring up the icon & backlit display still function & then shows 6w.

Try connecting the OEM light and see if that makes a difference. At least you can still ride with a working light.

Same with stock light except some flicker when turning off. Power isn't cutoff instantly with that button on the battery.

Tested stand & torque sensor seems functional. I'm just afraid if the light control circuitry is fried what else may pop up.

The bike is around 3k with the parts swap & extra stuff I bought for it so I really don't want to spend $200 on a new controller.

Rode about 13 miles today & the bike felt like it was operating normally other then the light issue. I'm still concerned about possible long term damage though.

20190113_184143_resized.jpg

20190113_184120_resized.jpg 20190113_191809_resized.jpg

Wonder if there is a fuse that popped, or is there a reset button like a lot of gadgets have?

Asked in reddit & someone mentioned FET's & this sounds like the issue. The short at the wires pushed a bunch of volts into the switch component inside the controller causing it to short.

Last edited:
Wonder if there is a fuse that popped, or is there a reset button like a lot of gadgets have?

I didn’t see any reset buttons or fuses on the controller when I installed the S controller on my CC. The only fuses I see are on the battery. If those pop I don’t think the battery will turn on.

Back