AllanO just joined

AllanO

I live in Vancouver, BC. I’m 71 and do my own bike mods and maintenance.

I just bought a Magnum Metro Plus + yesterday.

Initial impressions:

1. Lots of power and good battery capacity.

2. Handles better (esp. steering) than my old X-TREME XB-310LI that just had a frame fracture and wasn’t worth fixing — just good for parts. I had quite a few mods on that old eBike to make it into a cruiser and have transferred some of them to the Metro +

3. I’ve made a few modifications today:

a) I found the trigger throttle very annoying so I replaced it with the twist throttle from the XB-310I. Much smoother with more speed range

b) I also transferred the ergonomic handle grips that I had installed on the old bike; right grip is split to support the twist throttle

c) Seats on new bikes are very uncomfortable for me (71yo prostate), so I transferred the bench style seat from the old bike.

d) I changed the C7 settings to switch to ECO mode based on a suggestion in a forum on this board ... it made the bike less jerky in PAS mode or trigger throttle mode. BTW the passcode for the 2019 Metro + C7 display was 8088.

e) I transferred the left side mirror from my old eBike .... it is one that fits into the end of the handlebar grip instead of taking space on the handlebars.

That’s it for now.

Back