Air up tires?

seems like i lose 5 pounds every 2 weeks. so I fill up every 2-3 weeks.

On my "regular" trek bike I need to add air about every 3rd day. Hopefully on my e bike with 2 inch wide tires it will be less. Why are bucycle tires so more needy compared to car tires or even motorcycle tires? Thanks for the reply.

I check every few times I ride. Usually add 5 or so at that time. I keep my SCHWALBE G-One around 45 psi.

On my "regular" trek bike I need to add air about every 3rd day. Hopefully on my e bike with 2 inch wide tires it will be less. Why are bucycle tires so more needy compared to car tires or even motorcycle tires? Thanks for the reply.

i suppose it's more noticeable because they just don't have as much volume.

I pump up our mech bikes weekly; our ebikes every couple of weeks. Their larger tires lose pressure more slowly.

On the average about every three weeks. What's funny is that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with how far I've ridden.

Sometimes I drop the pressure for certain riding conditions and pump them back up when I'm back on pavement.

With slime in the tubes I check once a month but I haven’t had to put in any air in over three months

With slime
it does not stop air leakage. its moe that some tubes black more then others and how much pressure you have in the tires. the more pressure the faster it will leak out usually. my tires have slime and it is the same leakage with and without.

it does not stop air leakage. its moe that some tubes black more then others and how much pressure you have in the tires. the more pressure the faster it will leak out usually. my tires have slime and it is the same leakage with and without.

For me, with stans in tubes, I can go over a month before adding more air usually losing about 5 psi. With tubes and no stans, I was lucky to get a few weeks.

Using stans definately stops air leakage. In fact, thats the whole point and why I use it(as opposed to other products). Not stating that other products dont work though, I have only used stans which works for me.....why change.

Tubeless with stans, I usually add air every week. Depends on the tire

I would have to disagree. Same tire, tube, pressure, rider, riding area, would have to refill at least once a week prior to Slime treatment. AFTER Slime treatment, we now go months without adding air.

If you still need air frequently AFTER Slime treatment, I would have to guess there's not enough Slime in the tube to be effective.

I go by feel. Get to know your bike, how it responds to the surface you ride on the most, and when it starts to feel a little sloppy -- just a tad sloppy -- you need to pump it back up.

Also, pump it up until it's comfy, not to the max rated pressure. Tires need a little give to conform to the pavement or dirt properly. Not much, but some. Pump it up to the max rated, then let it out 3-5 psi at a time until it feels smoooooth instead of pinging on every pebble. That's the sweet spot between getting the best rolling resistance and getting the best traction and tread-life.

Back