Advice on buying first e-bike

Stefi

I'm debating on buying my first e-bike and I'm looking for an e-bike to be use mostly near my home on local bike paths on my free time or when I'm going to play tennis, with a decent torque and acceleration; I'm 6'3'' and 150 lbs. I'm looking at Rad City, Colt Surface and a brand from China found on a local bike shop in my area( this is the only one that I tested, the rest cannot be tested in my area and this bike is about $700 less than Rad City and half price of Colt Surface). Any advice on what choice to make? I attached here the website for this e-bike.

Thanks

What is your budget and range requirement? What sustainable speed do you want? Do you need throttle or no? Are there a lot of hills you need to climb?

What is your budget and range requirement? What sustainable speed do you want? Do you need throttle or no? Are there a lot of hills you need to climb?
Speed up to 32km is fine, no hills in my area, I'm looking to use mostly on throttle, range about 20-30 kms max per day; budget up to $2000-2500. Thanks

Sometimes bikes like the Shuangye turn out to be just fine. Still, I wouldn't buy a bike that's never been reviewed and has no clear track record (at least that's how it appears to me) as a first e-bike. It does help that there's a local dealer for it though. There are a lot of things that can go wrong even with a local dealer. I would make sure that given your height that the frame fits you. The web page doesn't make any mention of coming in different sizes. If your local dealer hasn't brought it up, I woulnd't have a lot of faith in the dealer. Surface is claiming that its 19.5" frame will fit someone up to 6'6" tall and I suspect that may be pushing it as well.

Back