Adventure 2 rear rotor

mrkennethjb

Region
USA
I recently purchaed an Adventure 2 a week ago and have noticed a rubbing sound coming from the rear rotor around 15-17 mph, this happened on my first ride and every other since. I have adjusted the brakes but the problem doesn't go away. When I squeeze the brake slightly it goes away. I have read it could be a bad rotor but it looks straight to me. Any ideas or familiarity with this would be appreciated. Thanks

I recently purchaed an Adventure 2 a week ago and have noticed a rubbing sound coming from the rear rotor around 15-17 mph, this happened on my first ride and every other since. I have adjusted the brakes but the problem doesn't go away. When I squeeze the brake slightly it goes away. I have read it could be a bad rotor but it looks straight to me. Any ideas or familiarity with this would be appreciated. Thanks
Initially, it sounds like your rotor is bent, or your brake mechanism is not alighned properly. I found this kit to be invaluable for setting up my brakes, and straightening a bent rotor.

Stainless Steel Bicycle Disc Brake Wrench Rotor Alignment Truing Tool Repair Kit,Disc Brake Pad Adjustment Alignment Tool

Great , thank you. I just added it to my Amazon cart . The bike is only a week old but maybe it bent a bit in transport. I did a visual from above and it looked fine but for ten bucks I'll try it.

Great , thank you. I just added it to my Amazon cart . The bike is only a week old but maybe it bent a bit in transport. I did a visual from above and it looked fine but for ten bucks I'll try it.
It's good to have in your quiver of tools.

I have an Aventure.2. The problem is that the stock tire tread pitch vibration at those speeds matches the resonant frequency of the stock brake rotors. I swapped mine (to ones with an aluminum hub, not recommended) and the issue went away. The aluminum hub is too thick to clear (I think in the front) so you probably want to avoid those. However, that makes choosing a rotor that doesn't have the same resonant frequency tricky.

Back