Adjusting rear suspension

Sir Fud

Region
Canada
I would like to slightly soften my A5 rear suspension on my VB Outback.
Do I need a high pressure tool or can I let a bit of air out like a tire ? IE simply briefly apply pressure to the valve.

You can let a bit out but there isn't much in there and it is under high pressure so it escapes very fast. To add air back you definitely need the proper pump.
Shock Pump
A good pump also has a button to lower pressure by letting air escapes about 2 psi/press

You can let a bit out but there isn't much in there and it is under high pressure so it escapes very fast. To add air back you definitely need the proper pump.
Shock Pump
A good pump also has a button to lower pressure by letting air escapes about 2 psi/press
Thanks for your reply. For thirty dollars - cheap investment.
One more question please. Can I expect the shock to slowly soften over time ? Will it naturally loose a little air with usage - again, like a tire ?
Thanks again.

Pressure in a shock is typically more stable than that in a tire. But it can change with temperature change from summer to winter. Also age of the shock and seals play a part.
It's also a good idea to keep the shock lubricated with a thin layer of light grease such as silicone or Slickoleum. Don't use anything petroleum based as it will degrade the seals.

Back