Adjustable stem on 2021 Nevo3 - How to?

Quintette

I have ridden about 500 miles on my Nevo3 since getting it on 8/1/20. I have since developed a slight wiggle in the headset and would like to eliminate and save the bearings. I would also like to adjust the angle of the stem just a bit for a more upright ride. It looks like I have to be able to adjust the angle anyway just to gain access to remove the plastic plug in order to tighten the headset.

The owners manual says to "see your dealer to show you how it is done."

I have removed angle clamp screw, and popped out the opposite side which should release the clamp and allow adjustment. I have also remove the screw just above to try and remove the cover.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5028.jpg
    IMG_5028.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_5029.jpg
    IMG_5029.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 488
So under that rubber tab is a Allen keyed adjustment? Do you have to remove the whole headset to cinch down on bearings? It looks like you almost have it figured out.

So under that rubber tab is a Allen keyed adjustment? Do you have to remove the whole headset to cinch down on bearings? It looks like you almost have it figured out.
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the plastic “plug” is blocked by that small cover just above it. I can’t pull out they plug without destroying it. You can see that I already scratched the cover trying to remove it as well.

So far..no joy!

New guy to this forum, but not new to bicycles. Maybe take the stem off the fork tube and see if there is a set screw or adjustment underneath?

Yes, just done mine. 4 screws, the two facing you in the picture, and the two lower ones that hold the handle bars on. You will then be able to raise the whole stem in the air. Make sure when you tighten them down you start with the big one on the side of the stem.

Back