Add =your= thoughts for the short haul of groceries (and other stuff that helps you and your bike)

With your Juiced battery, do you think simply keeping it locked in its frame position is sufficient? Or do you take out the battery and bring inside with you?
I only take it off to transport the bike or charge the battery. Maybe if I was going to be gone a really long time, I might take it with me.

I might need to consider a form of insulation for frozen items... I tend to stock up on say, Lean Cuisines as a convenient office lunch. They'd probably be ok on the ride home (about 3 miles?) but both panniers are black, and in the full summer sun that could make the interior toasty, quickly...?

an insulating grocery bag, as someone suggested + 2 or 3 frozen gel packs for keeping things cold will work well. Take the frozen gel packs right out of the freezer, put in insulating bag and off to the store you go. Make sure to close your bag tightly at the top to keep the cold inside and frozen things should be okay if you get home in less than 30 min.

I ordered THIS PANNIER BAG direct from China. It should ship in about 3 or 4 days then should take about 3 weeks or so to arrive. I purchased THIS TRUNK BAG last month from China directly, which is nice. I did have to use a zip tie to anchor the carry handle to the rack as a 3rd anchor point, in addition to the 2 velcro straps underneath the bag, so the trunk bag won't shift to any one side.

pannier2.jpg
roswell pannier.jpg
Trunk Bag.jpg

Back